Where am I?
General Education Courses
You can enroll in Fontbonne University’s Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies with little or no college credit and work toward earning your degree. We provide an important framework for your success with a business major curriculum that’s focused on practical applications, supported by a foundation of general education courses that integrates knowledge from a variety of academic disciplines.
Our general education courses provide a liberal arts background which is beneficial to any career path you choose and will help you:
- Broaden your perspective
- Improve your communication skills
- Expand your critical thinking skills
- Enhance your decision making skills
Courses are 8 weeks and include:
- Personal and Professional Development
- Information Navigation and Evaluation
- Critical Thinking and Writing
- Composition I
- Contemporary Moral Issues
- Composition II
- Public Speaking
- Introduction to Literature
- American Social History
- U.S. and Missouri Constitutions
- Essential Topics for Algebra
- Computer Technology: Issues and Applications
- Topics in Environmental Science/Lab
- Survey of Sociology
- American Popular Music
- Introduction to Physical Science/Lab
- Introduction to Religious Studies
- Data Development and Analysis
Requirements subject to change.
Fontbonne’s general education requirements are designed to meet the Missouri statewide general education goals and competencies. Your approved transfer credit may be applied toward these courses and remaining requirements may be earned while enrolled in your major. General education courses fulfill approximately one-third of the 128 credits required for graduation.