Where am I?
Art and Fine Arts
Whether you’re ready to expand your horizons as an artist or you’re interested in sharing your talents as a teacher, Fontbonne University’s Master of Arts and Fine Arts programs offer learning and research environments that enable you to become an effective artist professionally and intellectually. Fontbonne even offers the opportunity to choose a focus to further personalize your course of study and tailor your learning to the most relevant topics for your career.
Concentrations are available in ceramics, painting, sculpture or studio (which includes drawing, photography or a combination of mediums).
Classes are small. And our faculty are working artists who are knowledgeable, experienced and committed to your success. They provide their students with effective contemporary techniques that will challenge you to exceed your own expectations and explore new ideas. You’ll graduate from the arts or fine arts program ready to share your talent with patrons and to inspire students of your own.
Our students have access to up-to-date art facilities:
- Departmental digital imaging lab
- Wet-process photography facility with darkroom
- Ceramic studio with gas and electric kilns and an outdoor salt kiln, kick and electric wheels
- Bronze foundry
- Blacksmithing forges and equipment
- Workshop including welding and metalworking equipment
- Power and hand tools for frame building
- Air compressor for large stone carving
- Individual studios for full-time students
Fontbonne alumni and faculty artwork has been shown and sold in galleries throughout the country. Many of our graduates teach at the college level and run galleries or work in community art programs to support and expand local artistic efforts.
To find out more about the Master of Arts and Fine Arts programs, email us or call 314.863.2220.