Where am I?
Autism Spectrum Disorders
In a recent study, the Centers for Disease Control concluded that one in every 50 American children are on the autism spectrum – a large increase from last year’s finding of 1 in 88. To meet the needs of this continually growing population, Fontbonne University offers the Master of Art in Education with a concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders. In this comprehensive, collaborative graduate program, educators and professionals from a variety of backgrounds will learn to effectively work with and educate both children on the spectrum and their families.
A certificate of completion is available for those students who wish to take only the five required specialty courses.
- CTE 507 ASD: Studies in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- CTE 508 ASD: Communication and Social Competence
- CTE 509 ASD: Behavioral Supports
- CTE 510 ASD: Assessment and Evaluation
- CTE 511 ASD: Teaching and Learning Strategies
Autism Spectrum Disorders concentration: 15 credit hours
Required core: 11 credit hours
Electives: 6 credit hours
Program total: 32 credit hours