Where am I?
- Background information
- Links to books
- Search for articles
- Websites for Health information
Your Subject Librarian is Peggy Ridlen. For research assistance, contact her at 314-889-1443.
Keyword search for "Food" in Library's Reference Collection
- This electronic reference source provides fully searchable full-text content from McGraw-Hill's Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, research updates, definitions, multi-media, illustrations, graphics and biographies.
- This electronic reference source contains over 3,000,000 full-text entries from nearly 500 encyclopedias, dictionaries, biographies, chronologies, speeches and images.
- Examines food in relationship to nutrition, world health issues, agriculture, environmental concerns, current events and political decision-making.
(Call numbers starting with RA, RM, TP, TX)
Subject search "Nutrition": List of more specific search terms. Click on term for titles in Library.
Subject search "Food": List of more specific search terms. Click on term for titles in Library.
NCBI Bookshelf: In collaboration with authors and publishers, the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) presents adapted biomedical books for the web.
- This EBSCO database contains a periodical index providing full-text to over 1,300 titles.
- Subjects: All aspects of the food industry - food science, food service, processing, packaging, and shipping.
- The home of IFIS Publishing on the web.
- Subjects: Access free articles on many topics in food science, food technology and nutrition.
- This EBSCO database contains a periodical index providing full-text of nearly 550 scholarly journals, and the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, with 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets covering over 4,700 brand names.
- Subjects: Health & medicine.
- Lists index of current and archived articles.
- For full-text of articles, check Journals A-to-Z, or come to the Library for the print version.
- Information about diseases, conditions, wellness issues and reliable, up-to-date health information.
- PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, includes citations for biomedical articles back to the 1950's. PubMed includes links to many sites that provide full-text articles and other related resources.
- LibGuide to PubMed - created by librarian Peggy Ridlen
HealthFinder: Health resources for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Serivces.
Health Trends, United States: Presents national trends in health statistics. Each report includes an executive summary, highlights, a chartbook, trend tables, extensive appendixes, and an index.
National Agricultural Library: Covers all aspects of agriculture and related sciences and includes many special collections. informaotion on livestock, laws & regulations, education, nutrition, environmentl, community development and technology can all be found here.
MyPlate.gov: The Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, an organization of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, was established in 1994 to improve the nutrition and well-being of Americans.