Where am I?
- Background information
- Link to books in the Online Catalog
- Search for articles
- Testing & Assessment guide
- Links to Education websites
Education & Special Education
Your Subject Librarian is Peggy Ridlen. If you need research assistance, contact her at 314-889-1443.
- This reference source provides full-text documents, facts & figures, video and images, timelines, world data, world atlas and a gateway to the classics.
Online Catalog: Subject Heading Search for "Education" provides list of more specific search terms. Click on term for list of titles in our collection.
- This EBSCO database contains a periodical index providing access to over 2,030 journals (1,200 in full-text) along with full-text of books and conference papers.
- Subjects: All levels of education from early childhood to higher education, curriculum instruction, administration, policy, funding and related social issues.
- This EBSCO periodical index provides abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines.
- Subjects: Assessment, Best Practices, Continuing Education, Current Pedagogical Research, Curriculum Development, Elementary Education, Higher Education, Instructional Media, Language Arts, Literacy Standards, School Administration, Science & Mathematics, and Teacher Education.
Produced by NISC, this EBSCO database includes book reviews,abstracts from hundreds of journals and a bibliography of thousands of technical reports, books, book chapters, theses and dissertations. More than 342,000 records are included with over 10,000 new records added each year.
Subject: Biomedical and social sciences; current and historical literature related to growth and development of children through the age of 21.
- Journal and non-journal education literature with citations back to 1966. Now maintained by the U.S. Department of Education.
- For assistance using ERIC see Thesaurus of ERIC descriptors in the Reference Room (call # LB1028.U54 T5 2001).
- This EBSCO full-text database provides hundreds of essays, presenting multiple sides of current issues along with thousands of supporting articles.
- Subjects: Topics from Animal Welfare to Women’s Issues and everything in between.
- This GALE database contains full-text access to scholarly journal articles, news, and news analysis, video and in-depth topic pages.
- Subjects: Global issues – famine, globalization, world trade, global warming, etc. – in sociology, current events, civics, politics, science, economics, cultural/religious studies, women’s studies, human rights.
Testing & Assessment
- This EBSCO database provides users with a comprehensive guide to over 2,000 contemporary testing instruments along with a bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language.
- Subjects: Psychology, education, business, and leadership.
- ED's mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.