Where am I?
The department of Behavioral Sciences at Fontbonne University offers the following major degree programs:
- The psychology major embraces all aspects of the human experience - from individual brain functions to the actions of social groups within society. The understanding of behavior and mental life is the scientific enterprise of psychologists. Students use the scientific method to answer questions, design research projects, and collect data that may help improve the human condition.
- Within this degree, you can also go on to earn a master's degree in occupational therapy from Washington University in St. Louis – all in just five years!
- Psychology is suited for students who are interested in applying the scientific approach to understand human behavior and cognition.
- The sociology major is for students who like to find solutions to problems and are interested in making a difference in people’s lives. Fontbonne University's applied sociology degree program will prepare you to respond to these questions in today’s — and tomorrow’s — world.
- Applied sociologists work to increase our collective knowledge of social phenomena and issues, while seeking to improve social interaction on many levels.
In both of these areas of study, students learn essential critical thinking, problem solving, research, and communication skills.
For more information about our faculty in Behavioral Sciences, click on individual faculty members' pages or link to our contact information in the University Directory.