Where am I?
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Director of Retention
- Ph.D. Sociology, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- MA Sociology, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- BA Sociology, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
Research Area/Scholarly Interests:
- Gender and Sport
- Homophobia in Sport
- Undergraduate Education and Teaching Pedagogy
Recent Publications/Conference Presentations:
- Stoelting, S. M. (under review). "Masculine" empowerment in the lives of female athletes. Women in Sport and Physical Activity Journal.
- Stoelting, S. M. (March 2009). Disclosure as interaction: A qualitative analysis of intercollegiate lesbian athletes sexual identity disclosure. Presented at the Sport, Sexuality,m and Culture Conference, Ithaca, NY.
- Stoelting, S. M. (March 2008). Surviving the job market. Panel presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Midwest Sociological Society, St. Louis, MO.
- Conyers, A., & Stoelting, S. M. (March 2006). Peer teaching mentoring: A program to enhance graduate student teacher training. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Midwest Sociological Society, Omaha, NE.
- Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology
- Midwest Sociological Society
- Sociologists for Women in Society
- Alpha Kappa Delta
- Survey of Sociology
- Social Problems
- Introduction to Applied Sociology
- Social Stratification
- Social Theory
- Sociology of Gender
- Senior Seminar in Sociology I and II
- Sociology Internship I and II
Department of Behavioral Sciences
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Phone: (314) 889-4780
Office: 104 East Building