Where am I?
Psych Club & Psi Chi
The Fontbonne University Psychology Club is an academic and social organization for people who are interested in psychology, social networking, and engaging in community outreach and service learning activities. Membership is open to all psychology majors and minors, as well as any student who is interested in psychology and has completed at least one psychology course.
Psych Club Officers (2009-2010):
President: Allison Borowiak
Vice-President: Kristan Dumas
Sec/Treas: Katie Beach
SGA Senator: Beth Meldahl
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Rebecca Foushée
Psi Chi was founded in 1929 and is the International Honor Society for Psychology majors and minors. The Fontbonne University Chapter of Psi Chi was first established in 2009.
Membership in this honor society is based on academic performance, and is open to students who meet the following standards set by the Fontbonne Chapter and National Office. Qualifying students must:
- Be at least second-semester sophomores
- Be a psychology major or minor
- Have completed at least 9 hours of psychology courses, or 12 hours of psychology courses (if transfer student)
- Have a GPA that falls into the top 35% of their graduation class at Fontbone University (sophomore, junior, or senior class)
- Have a psychology GPA of at least 3.00
Membership in Psi Chi has many privileges, including access to grant funds, opportunities for leadership and professional development, and international recognition.
For more information about Psi Chi, visit the international office website. You may also visit any of the psychology faculty on 3rd Floor East Hall.
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Stephanie Afful and Dr. Laurel Newman