Where am I?
The biology major at Fontbonne equips you with a strong foundation in biological science and a solid understanding of chemistry and physics. You’ll learn tools and techniques that will help you become an effective scientist and have opportunities to put those skills into practice. A biology degree is flexible: You might go on to a job in human or plant disease research, drug discovery, or pursue a medical, dental, veterinary or other graduate biology degree.
Biology Program Highlights
Well-rounded curriculum: biology core with classes in cell and molecular biology, ecology and evolution, professional skills and more
- The opportunity to participate in faculty-led research
- Faculty that care about your growth as a scientist
- Renovated biology, chemistry and physics laboratories
- State-of-the-art greenhouse
- Excellent preparation for admission into a medical, veterinary, pharmacy, dental or graduate program
Major: Biology & Medical Laboratory Sciences
Emily shares how Fontbonne's hands-on biology program teaches you more than just memorizing the facts.
Recent Biology Program Success Stories
- Internship at the Washington University Genome Institute
- Five presentations at the Research Across Disciplines Conference, hosted by consortium of local undergraduate institutions
- Summer undergraduate research projects on fish genetics and palate formation, including training at the Washington University Fish Facility, and raccoon landscape genetics and infectious disease
Biology Graduate Successes:
Of 50 known alums from the last ten years:
- 22 have been accepted into graduate programs in human medicine, veterinary medicine, allied health or biology programs.
- 15 have found industry jobs in the research, pharmaceutical and biotech sectors, including with companies such as Washington University Medical School, Danforth Plant Science Center, Dynalab and Monsanto.
- 3 have become elementary or high school teachers
- Others have used their background in science as a foundation to pursue other interests, including training in the seminary, writing and more.
Interested in learning about other STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)? Explore here.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or (800) 205-5862 | email@example.com