Where am I?
Communication Studies Major
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies offers students a broad foundation in the field, preparing them to communicate in oral, written and visual formats with the accuracy and polish expected of communication professionals. This marketable degree opens up a wide variety of career possibilities, including positions in marketing and advertising, journalism and business. It also provides a strong knowledge base for graduate studies in communication.
- Explore the central role of communication in public and private spheres as it relates to individuals, relationships, genders, cultures, and organizations.
- Develop highly effective interpersonal and public communication skills to use in a variety of professions.
- Learn how to critique and create persuasive communication in order to become a more engaged citizen.
- Conduct independent research on a topic of your choice in a senior seminar — the culmination of your program.
- Choose a minor or concentration area that complements the major and expands your expertise in an area relevant to a future career or graduate program.
Recent Internships and In-Field Learning Experiences
- St. Louis Cardinals
- The Scholarship Foundation
- Nine Network of Public Media
- Ladue Police Department
- Fontbonne University Student Affairs, Office of Advancement, and Alumni Association
Fontbonne University’s Communication Studies Graduate Successes
- Communications Coordinator, The Scholarship Foundation
- Marketing and PR at Nestle Purina
- Event Coordinator and Marketing Assistant, ORIGO Education
- Public Affairs Coordinator for St. Charles County Government
- Graduate program in Communication at Saint Louis University
- Graduate program in Higher Education at University of Missouri – St.. Louis
- Communications manager
- Media relations specialist
- Corporate or government information officer
- Event manager
- Speech writer
- Human resources manager
- Training and development manager
- Technical writer
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or (800) 205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org