Where am I?
Mary Beth Ohlms, MEd, RD, LD
Assistant Professor, Department Chair – Family and Consumer Sciences
- B.S. Home Economics, 1979-University of Missouri-Columbia
- MEd, 2004-University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Registered and Licensed (MO) Dietitian
- ServSafe®-Certified, National Restaurant Association, Proctor
Scholarly Interest/Area of Expertise:
- Food Systems Management
- Food Safety
- Cultural Foods
I also have a strong interest in sustainability, not only in food operations, but also within the family and community.
- Houston, C.A., & Ohlms, M.B. (June 2012). The FCS Body of Knowledge comes alive through campF.R.E.S.H.® Presentation at the annual meeting of the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, Indianapolis, IN.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics-St. Louis, 1979-present
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Educators Committee, 2009-present
- Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 1979-present
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 1979-present
- Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Preceptors, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2008-present
- Foodservice Systems Management Education Council, 2009-present
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2011-present
- Food and Culinary Professionals 2011-present
- St. Louis Culinary Society 2012-present
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, April 2013-present
Family and Consumer Sciences
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: 114 Anheuser Busch Hall