Where am I?
Family & Consumer Sciences Major
Scholarships are still available for Fall 2015. Don’t delay – APPLY NOW!
If you’re interested in improving the quality of life for others, a Bachelor of Science in Family & Consumer Sciences can lead to a very fulfilling career. Earning FCS certification is the path for students wanting to teach FCS in a public or private school setting.
Students are prepared to assist children, adolescents and families navigate resources in a variety of community, industry, social service and government settings, blending and applying theory from the classroom with real-world experiences.
Why We’re Unique
- Only program of its kind within a 125-mile radius
- Hands-on experience working with children, adolescents and the community
- Opportunities to become involved in community projects, service-learning experiences, and a wide range of local and national professional association activities
- Fontbonne’s reputation for preparing outstanding professionals
- The reputation of alumni who have distinguished themselves as leaders in their professional work and careers
- Multiple middle and high school settings throughout the St. Louis region, most recently including Hazelwood, Parkway, and Rockwood school districts
- Operation Food Search
- Grace Hill Settlement House Carondelet
Fontbonne University’s Family & Consumer Sciences Graduate Successes
- The St. Louis Home Economists in Home and Community presented Fontbonne graduate student Stephanie Heth ’15 with a scholarship, noting her initiative and persistence in pursuing her goal of becoming a family and consumer sciences teacher. Past scholarship recipients include:
- April Dalton '15
- Kali Kieber Keenum ‘13
- Melissa Lorenz ‘13
- Lauren Meade Maedge ‘12
- Other Fontbonne FCS Leaders:
- Monica Dickens ’11, FCS Department Chair, Parkway South High School
- Sharon Ferree ’12, Textbook contributor
- Diane Lucas ’07, National Board Certification
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org