Where am I?
As a history major, you’ll look at events, ideas, religions and laws to gain a better understanding of the values and beliefs that people have adopted throughout time.
Fontbonne provides a broad background in both Western and non-Western history as well as geography, government, sociology, psychology and American economy. And you can either earn a degree in history or choose a degree in history with a secondary teaching certification in social studies, which allows you to teach at the high school level.
History Program Highlights
- Interdisciplinary curriculum
- Small class sizes
- Development of critical thinking, debate skills
- Senior capstone course; independent research
- Option of secondary teaching certification
- Departmental participation in honors curriculum and Fontbonne’s annual Dedicated Semester
- Study Abroad in Berlin or England
In-Field Learning Experiences
- Missouri History Museum
- Holocaust and Learning Center—St Louis
- International Institute
- Bosnian Memory Project at Fontbonne
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or (800) 205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org