Where am I?
Pre-Law/Social Science Major
Remember! First-time Freshmen who apply by December 15th receive priority scholarship consideration. APPLY TODAY!
The Bachelor of Arts in Social Science/Pre-Law helps students develop the communication skills essential for teamwork, presenting a case, and writing or negotiating legal documents.
Students graduate with a critical understanding of the values with which the law deals, the nature of human beings and the physical universe, the social, economic and political structures of society, and the cultural heritage of Western society. And, like all Fontbonne students, social science/pre-law majors gain skills in reasoning, analysis and synthesis.
Social Science/Pre-Law Program Highlights
- Development of academic skills necessary for the LSAT and law school
- Background in history, philosophy, federal and Missouri law
- Professors and guest speakers are practicing lawyers
- Real-world experience during senior practicum
- Small classes and one-on-one attention
- Mock Trial affords students a simulated courtroom experience as they mock-participate in national competitions
In-Field Learning Experiences
- Students generally work with law offices in St. Louis in many aspects of legal practice.
- Students also have the option to work with local congressional representatives or officers in local politics.
Fontbonne University’s Social Science/Pre-Law Graduate Successes
- In 2012, five pre-law graduates were admitted to law school, all receiving scholarship money. Law schools include the University of Missouri, Washington University in St. Louis and St. Louis University.
- Students are consistently admitted to law school with scholarship aid.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or (800) 205-5862 | email@example.com