Where am I?
Early Childhood Minor
A student must successfully complete, at Fontbonne, a minimum of 50 percent of the credit hours required for the minor.
Students from other majors who desire an early childhood minor must take the following core courses identified with an asterisk (*) and may choose any of the other courses listed to total 18-21 hours:
- *HES 131 Introduction/Observation of Early Childhood Programs (3 hours)
- *HES 230 Infant and Toddler Development (4 hours)
- *HES 232 The Young Child (4 hours)
- HES 336 Parent Education (3 hours)
- HES 337 Family Relations (3 hours)
- HES 339/539 Child, Family, and Consumer Advocacy (2-3 hours)
- HES 430 Administration of Early Childhood
- Programs (2 hours)
- *HES 431 Dynamics of Early Childhood Curriculum (4 hours)
- *HES 434 Early Childhood Practicum (2 hours)
- HES 467 Practicum in Family and Community Resources (2 hours)