Where am I?
Food Management Minor
A student must successfully complete, at Fontbonne, a minimum of 50 percent of the credit hours required for the minor.
Students interested in a career in food management, marketing, or promotion will find the addition of this minor to a major in such areas as advertising or business administration important in preparing for their professional career goals.
Students choosing a minor in food management must take the following courses (see course descriptions for prerequisites) which include a supervised practicum experience:
- HES 214 Nutrition and Wellness (2 hours)
- HES 221 Food Science Theory and Application (4 hours)
- HES 326 Quantity Food Service Purchasing and Operations (3 hours)
- HES 345 Management Principles and Practices in Food Service Operations (4 hours)
- HES 422 Food Pathways for Diverse Groups (3 hours)
- HES 458 Application of Management Principles and
- Practices in Food Service Operations (2-4 hours)