Where am I?
Cyber Security Major
Clearly no company or government agency can afford to have a serious breach in the security of its computer network. Those who can protect computer systems and networks against hackers, spyware and viruses are currently in very high demand.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for cyber security professionals is projected to grow by 22% by 2020.
Fontbonne’s new Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security, designed by full-time faculty members in consultation with St. Louis area industry experts, will help you develop the knowledge and experience needed to earn a position as a cyber security professional within companies, institutions or government facilities. We also offer a cyber security certificate for students majoring in other areas.
Your classes will include a solid base of computer science and mathematics, as well as courses developed specifically for this major, such as Cryptography, Wireless Security, Mobile Forensics, and Server Security and Maintenance/Troubleshooting. Fontbonne’s emphasis on problem solving and communication skills will serve to make you an even more highly employable graduate.
Hometown: Des Peres, Mo.
Major: Cyber Security
Interned at: Intelligence and Analysis Division of Homeland Security
"I witnessed firsthand direct communication between Homeland Security, the FBI, and, specifically, the Vermont State Police," said James.
Cyber Security Program Highlights
- Fontbonne offers one of the few true cyber security majors in Missouri.
- Study with, and participate in research alongside, professors who are cyber security experts.
- Delve into the security, privacy and trust issues found in networks, mobile devices, cloud computing and all kinds of other computer systems.
- Work in our new cyber security lab.
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Have access to internships with major companies in the St. Louis area.
- Express Scripts
- Emerson Electric
- Many other companies in St. Louis and beyond
Interested in learning about other STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)? Explore here.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com