Where am I?
Cyber Security Major
Clearly no company or government agency can afford to have a serious breach in the security of its computer network. Those who can protect computer systems and networks against hackers, spyware and viruses are currently in very high demand. Fontbonne’s new Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security will help you develop the knowledge and experience needed to earn a position as a cyber security professional within companies, institutions or government facilities.
Cyber Security Program Highlights
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for cyber security professionals is projected to grow by 22% by 2020.
- Fontbonne offers one of the few true cyber security majors in Missouri.
- Program designed by full-time faculty members in consultation with St. Louis area industry experts.
- Cyber security certificate and cyber security minor available for students majoring in other areas.
- Study with, and participate in research alongside, professors who are cyber security experts.
- Classes include a solid base of computer science and mathematics, plus courses developed specifically for this major, such as Cryptography, Wireless Security, Mobile Forensics, and Server Security and Maintenance/Troubleshooting.
- Delve into the security, privacy and trust issues found in networks, mobile devices, cloud computing and many other computer systems.
- Emphasis on problem solving and communication skills make you an even more highly employable graduate.
- Work in our new cyber security lab.
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Have access to internships with major companies in the St. Louis area.
- In the news: "Market Exploding for Cyber Security," according to the St. Louis Business Journal.
Hometown: Des Peres, Mo.
Major: Cyber Security
Interned at: Intelligence and Analysis Division of Homeland Security
"I witnessed firsthand direct communication between Homeland Security, the FBI, and, specifically, the Vermont State Police," said James.
- Express Scripts
- Emerson Electric
- Many other companies in St. Louis and beyond
Interested in learning about other STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)? Explore here.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com