Where am I?
Cyber Security Major
Clearly no company or government agency can afford to have a serious breach in the security of its computer network. Those who can protect computer systems and networks against hackers, spyware and viruses are currently in very high demand.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for cyber security professionals is projected to grow by 22% by 2020.
Fontbonne’s new cyber security major, designed by full-time faculty members in consultation with St. Louis area industry experts, will help you develop the knowledge and experience needed to earn a position as a cyber security professional within companies, institutions or government facilities.
Your classes will include a solid base of computer science and mathematics, as well as courses developed specifically for this major, such as Cryptography, Wireless Security, Mobile Forensics, and Server Security and Maintenance/Troubleshooting. Fontbonne’s emphasis on problem solving and communication skills will serve to make you an even more highly employable graduate.
Cyber Security Program Highlights
- Be part of a major that is offered at only one other university in Missouri and is the only one in St. Louis.
- Study with, and participate in research alongside, professors who are cyber security experts.
- Delve into the security, privacy and trust issues found in networks, mobile devices, cloud computing and all kinds of other computer systems.
- Work in our new cyber security lab.
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Have access to internships with major companies in the St. Louis area.
Internships Available at these St. Louis Companies
- Express Scripts
- Emerson Electric
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org