Where am I?
My Ph.D. was earned at the University of Idaho (Moscow) in June, 2012. For a year I worked as a consultant at several companies and began writing my first book. In August 2013 I was privileged to join the Department of Math and Computer Science at Fontbonne University as an assistant professor.
- Instructor, CIS 111: Computer Applications: Database, 3 credits (Fall 2013)
- Instructor, CIS 160: Object-Oriented Programming in Java, 4 credits (Fall 2013)
- Instructor, CIS 340: Concepts of Telecommunications and Networking, 3 credits (Fall 2013)
- 2008, Graduate Student Justice Award, Graduate and Professional Student Association, University of Idaho (Moscow)
- 2007, Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Idaho, (Moscow)
My research interests include:
- Cryptography, Critical Infrastructure Protection, electrical utility security, hardware security, reconfigurable hardware, self-healing circuits,
- Set Theoretic Estimation, isomorphic key space reduction, polymorphic key progression algorithms, physical security, information theory
- Jamming and railway security
- Carlson, A. H., Hiromoto, R. E., Wells, R. B, “Breaking Block and Product Ciphers Applied Across Byte Boundaries,” The 6th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications 15 -17 September 2011, Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 733 – 736.
- Carlson, A. H., “Defense in Depth: Perspectives on utility security from a Military Intelligence Viewpoint,” The 6th Western Power and Delivery Conference, Spokane, WA, April, 2009
- Hiromoto, R. E., Carlson, A. H., and Wells, R. B., “An Information Based Approach to Cryptography,” The 6th Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, Elk, Poland, Jun 28 – 30, 2007.
- Carlson, A. H, Wells, R. B., and Hiromoto, R. E., “Using Set Theoretic Estimation to Implement Shannon Secrecy Theory," Proc of the Third IEEE Workshop on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications, Sofia, Bulgaria, Sep 5-7, 2005, pp. 435 - 438.
- Carlson, A. H., Frincke, D., and Laude, M., “Railway Security Issues: A Survey of Developing Railway Technology,” Proc. Intl. Conf. Comput., Commun., Control Technol. (CCCT 2003), pp. 1-6, July 1-August 1, Orlando, Florida.
- Carlson, A, “Everybody Talks About Lightning, and Yes, There Are Things You Can Do About It,” Backwoods Home Magazine, Issue #37, January, 1996.
- Schweller, E., Hiromoto, R., and Carlson, A., “Character Streams to Word Streams Using a Set Theoretic Approach,” University of Idaho McNair Research Journal, v1, pp 51 – 57, Summer 2005.
- Park, S., Hiromoto, R., and Carlson, A., “Cryptographic Key Probability for Substitution Ciphers,” University of Idaho McNair Research Journal, v2, pp 53 – 57, Spring 2006.
- Carlson, A. H., “Decryption by Description,” University Colloquium, University of Idaho, April 2007
- Wilhite, E., Carlson, A., Evans, D., Cassidy, J., Du Buisson, T., and Gregg, P., Secure Communications, Patent Application Number 60/470693 filed May 15, 2004.
- Taylor, J., Carlson, A., Harris, J., Software for Dividing and Coordinating Production of API Product Components and Allocating Credit Therefore, Patent Application Number 61/832710 filed June 7, 2013.
- Carlson, A., Cohen, S., duBoef, L., and Johnson, S., Secure Transmission Between a Source Component and Node Device, Patent Application Number 13/940852 filed October 8, 2013.
- Carlson, A., Cohen, S., duBoef, L., and Johnson, S., Digital Watermarking for Secure Transmission Between a Source Component and Node Device, Patent Application Number 13/940872 filed October 8, 2013.
- Carlson, A., Cohen, S., duBoef, L., and Johnson, S., Block Management Unification System and Method, Patent Application Number 13/940882 filed October 8, 2013.
- Department of Homeland Security - Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Western Electricity Coordinating Council
- BlackHat Conferences and Trainings
Math and Computer Science Department
6800 Wydown Boulevard
St Louis, MO 63105
Office: 410 Ryan Hall