Where am I?
Director of Cyber Security Major
I got my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University (University Park) in August, 2010. From Fall 2010 to Summer 2013, I was an assistant professor at the Catholic University of America in Washington DC. After that, I joined the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Fontbonne University as an assistant professor in Summer 2013. Now, I am in charge of the new cyber security major at Fontbonne University.
- Instructor, CIS 120: An Overview of Computer and Information Science, 3 credits (Fall 2013)
- Instructor, CIS 210: Object-Oriented Programming in Java, 4 credits (Fall 2013)
- TPC member of CollaborateCom 2010, PETSE 2011, CollaborateCom 2011, DASC 2011, COLLA 2012, CollaborateCom 2012, CollaborateCom 2013, International Symposium on Cloud Computing and Services for High Performance Computing Systems (InterCloud-HPC 2013), COLLA 2013
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Security (IJS)
- 2013, Burns Faculty Fellowship, School of Engineering, the Catholic University of America, Washington DC
- 2008, Research Assistant Award, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University (University Park)
My research interests include:
- Security, privacy, and trust issues in wireless networks, mobile devices, social networks, cloud computing, and smart grid
- Network security, system and software security, web and Internet security, hardware security
- Networking and network management
- Yi Yang and Sencun Zhu, "Anonymous routing", "Key management", and "Sensor code attestation", in Encyclopedia of Cryptography and Security (2nd Edition).
- Y. Yang, M. Shao, S.Zhu, G.Cao, Towards Statistically Strong Source Anonymity for Sensor Networks, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, Volume 9, Issue 4, 2013.
- J. Cui, M. Lai, Y. Yang, C. Chen, Application Layer Multicast Streaming Media Live System Based on Scribe, IJACT: International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, Vol. 4, No. 21, pp. 517-525, 2012.
- M.Shao, S.Zhu, W.Zhang, G.Cao, Y.Yang, pDCS: Security and Privacy Support for Data-Centric Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, August 2009 (vol. 8 no. 8), pp. 1023-1038. [Full paper]
- Y.Yang, X.Wang, S.Zhu, and G.Cao, SDAP: A Secure Hop-by-Hop Data Aggregation Protocol for Sensor Networks, In ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC), Volume 11, Issue 4, July 2008. [Full paper]
- Yi Yang and Debao Xiao, "Java Implementation Methods of Mobile Agents in Network Management Systems," Computer Engineering, 2002, 28(10).
- Jianqun Cui, Kuan Gao, Yongjia Ye, Jing Fan, Libing Wu and Yi Yang, Multicast Tree Construction: A Nodes’ Relative Leaving Probability Algorithm Based on NICE in ALM, the 15th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC 2013).
- Uthaiwan Srimongkolpitak, Yi Yang, Sensor Source Location Privacy based on Random Perturbations, CollaborateCom 2012.
- Vivek Natarajan, Yi Yang, Sencun Zhu, Secure Trust Metadata Management For Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks, ICISS 2012.
- Vivek Natarajan, Yi Yang, Sencun Zhu, Resource-Misuse Attack Detection in Delay-Tolerant Networks, IPCCC 2011. (acceptance rate 36/129=27.9%)
- Hongmei Deng, Yi Yang, Guang Jin, Roger Xu, Weisong Shi, Building a Trust-Aware Dynamic Routing Solution for Wireless Sensor Networks, HeterWMN 2010 together with IEEE Globecom 2010.
- Y.Yang, S.Zhu, G.Cao, and T.LaPorta, An Active Global Attack Model for Sensor Source Location Privacy: Analysis and Countermeasures. SecureComm 2009. (Acceptance ratio: 26.3%) [Full paper]
- Yi Yang, Sencun Zhu and Guohong Cao, Improving Sensor Network Immunity under Worm Attacks: a Software Diversity Approach, ACM Mobihoc 2008. (Acceptance ratio: 14.7%) [Full paper]
- Yi Yang, Min Shao, Sencun Zhu, Bhuvan Urgaonkar, and Guohong Cao, Towards Event Source Unobservability with Minimum Network Traffic in Sensor Networks, ACM WiSec 2008. (Acceptance ratio: 16.7%) [Full paper]
- Min Shao, Yi Yang, Sencun Zhu, and Guohong Cao, Towards Statistically Strong Source Anonymity for Sensor Networks, IEEE Infocom 2008. (Acceptance ratio: 20.5%) [Full paper]
- Yi Yang, Xinran Wang, Sencun Zhu, and Guohong Cao, Distributed Software-based Attestation for Node Compromise Detection in Sensor Networks, IEEE SRDS, October 2007. (Acceptance ratio: 15%) [Full paper]
- Yi Yang, Xinran Wang, Sencun Zhu, and Guohong Cao, SDAP: A Secure Hop-by-Hop Data Aggregation Protocol for Sensor Networks, ACM Mobihoc'06, May 2006. (Acceptance ratio: 9.8%, cited by 294) [Full paper]
- Yi Yang and Debao Xiao, "Automatic Topology Discovery Algorithm and Heuristics for IP Networks," Proceedings of the 12th Chinese Workshop on Computer Network and Data Communication, Wuhan, China, December 2002.
- "Source Location Privacy for Wireless Sensor Networks", NYU-Poly, July 2013.
- "Towards Event Source Unobservability with Minimum Network Traffic in Sensor Networks", ACM WiSec 2008.
- "A Framework for Secure Data Aggregation in Sensor Networks", The Second Network Security Workshop in Lehigh University, May 2006.
- Security Conference Statistics
- Networking Conference Statistics
- ACM Digital Library
- IEEE Xplore
- Latex Tutorial
- Unix/Linux Commands
Math and Computer Science Department
6800 Wydown Boulevard
St Louis, MO 63105
Office: 414 Ryan Hall