Where am I?
Management Information Systems Major
Are you fascinated with how smoothly you can purchase Christmas gifts from Amazon.com?
Are you intrigued with how Facebook and Twitter function?
Do you wonder how your paycheck is generated, or how one registers for classes at his/her university?
If you answered, “yes,” to any of these questions, then this major is for you. A Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems is the glue that fuses computer science to the marketplace.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this area will grow 15% within the next decade.
Graduates could expect to explore opportunities in organizations such as computer companies, financial institutions, entertainment companies, institutions of higher education, school districts, retailers and companies related to the healthcare industry.
Management Information System Program Highlights
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Work closely with faculty as research partners.
- Work with state-of-the-art technology.
- Pursue a concentration in cyber security.
- Earn a certificate in web development.
- Work closely with Fontbonne’s Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies.
- Enjoy the small-campus feel of camaraderie, community and service.
How Will I Benefit from this Major?
- Develop programming skills.
- Learn how to design, create and employ information systems.
- Develop problem-solving skills and learn how to effectively communicate solutions.
- Develop insights into the application of computer science to the market place.
- Become part of a field that will enjoy 15% growth within the next decade.
- Explore job opportunities in just about any organization that is responsible for products and/or services.
What Are Recent Graduates Currently Doing?
- IT Analyst, Application Design Manager for AT&T
- IT Infrastructure Support for Marcone, Stifel, Nicolaus
- Lead Analyst, Field System Services at Panera Bread
- Program Manager at ARC, in Washington D.C.
- Software Developer at Boeing
Interested in learning about other STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)? Explore here.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org