Where am I?

Dual Degree - Social Work

Scholarships are still available for Fall 2015. Don’t delay – APPLY NOW!

At Fontbonne University, we can maximize your college experience - and career options — with an opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree in human services and a master's degree in social work in just five years. Fontbonne has an agreement with Washington University — a partnership that only one other university in the nation offers — that allows students to earn a graduate degree with only one additional year of studies. This option allows you to earn your degrees at a quicker pace than traditional programs without sacrificing educational quality.

3-2 Program

As a Fontbonne student, you may choose the 3-2 program in connection with the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University. Once you have completed the first three years of required work for a major in human services at Fontbonne — and provided you have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 — you may apply for admission to the GWB School of Social Work at the end of your junior year.

Why Earn a Dual Degree in Social Work with Fontbonne?

As professionals who currently work in the human services field, Fontbonne's professors understand what you need to know to prepare you for today's world. Our small class sizes, open door policy for students and comprehensive curriculum help ensure that you receive an outstanding education in your Fontbonne major field. And you'll always have a "home base" here. The human services faculty at Fontbonne serve as supportive advisors and mentors during your application process and after graduation.

Additionally, you reap all the benefits and resources of two universities. As a dual degree in social work participant, you have the same options as any Washington University student. Some of the highlighted opportunities available include: internships both locally and internationally, faculty committed to advancing their field, research, interactive teaching methods, and graduate and professional joint degrees. The dual degree program is dedicated to producing social workers committed to social change who possess superior problem-solving and leadership skills.

What Can I Do With My Degree?

When you complete your dual degree, you have a broad range of opportunities ahead of you. You can work in case management, manage political campaigns, manage a human services agency or develop non-profit programs — and these are only a few options. Hundreds of areas are open in which you can pursue an area of expertise, including addiction counseling, delinquency, abuse, racism or even volunteering. You could also continue on with your education to pursue a degree as a licensed clinical social worker, a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

learn more about career opportunities with Fontbonne's social work - dual degree

Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | fbyou@fontbonne.edu