Where am I?
Social Work Program
The Fontbonne social work program is newly accredited by the Council for Social Work Education and utilizes the most current knowledge, values and skills in social work education and professional practice.
The program’s generalist practice emphasis prepares students to become ethical professionals with the knowledge and skills to support social and economic justice as they serve and strengthen individuals, families and communities. The social work program combines classroom experiences, designed to lay the foundation for a lifetime of knowledge, with field work, opportunities for student to apply that knowledge in a real world environment.
- New program developed with the latest methods, theory and information
- Combination of classroom and field education
- Three categories of coursework: introductory, core and practice
- Faculty are social workers and practicing professionals
- Preparation for LBSW or LBSW-IP exams or for graduate school
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Student selected field placements from over 220 field placement agencies
- Social networking and activities to connect students and alums
- Advance standing for Fontbonne BSW graduates at MSW programs
- Accelerated graduate program in Nonprofit Management
- American Red Cross
- Children's Crisis Nursery
- Crime Victims Advocacy Center
- Domestic Violence Outreach
- Doorways Interfaith Residence
- Family Resource Center
- Grace’s Place Crisis Nursery
- Great Circle: VIDEO! Hear about Catherine's experience.
- Missouri Divisions of Family and Children Services
- NASW Missouri Chapter
- St. Louis ARC
- St. Louis Circuit Attorney Office Victims Services
- St. Louis City Family Courts
- St. Patrick Center
- YWCA St Louis Regional Sexual Assault
- Fall Semester trip to Washington D.C: Legislative Advocacy Federal Government
- Spring Semester trip to Jefferson City MO: Legislative Advocacy State Government
Fontbonne University’s Social Work Graduate Successes
- Samantha Gildehaus and Destiny Poertner BSW 2015 creating a volunteer and fundraising program for Children’s Crisis Nursery.
- Alnita Smiley BSW 2014 Employed as Sexual Assault Crisis Counselor with YWCA, attending SLU MSW Program, featured on KPLR for work with YWCA
- Carolyn Compton BSW 2014 Employed as Neighborhood Advocate for Central West End Neighborhood Security Iniative, Attending SLU MSW program
- Rene LaFerla BSW 2013 Advocate for St. Louis Anti-Heroin Group
- Abby Harr BSW 2012 Field Outreach Director for Kingdom House Senior Services
- Candance Hurd HUS 2012 started her own agency, Visual Rhythm Interpretive Services
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org