Where am I?
Women and Leadership Course
Fontbonne University announces
"A Strategic Focus on Women, Leadership & Success"
— a new executive graduate-level course from the
Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies —
This executive graduate-level course has been designed and customized to meet the needs of women in diverse leadership positions throughout St. Louis and the surrounding communities. You’ll create a roadmap for career growth and success. And, each week, an influential guest speaker will share insights and strategies on a variety of engaging topics.
About the instructor:
Geralyn (Jeri) Schultz, a 30-year veteran of St. Louis business and educational initiatives, is Fontbonne's new executive director of graduate admission and professional studies. Schultz is an expert in corporate leadership, strategic planning, and building and sustaining leadership programs for women. She holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in management as well as a variety of certifications in business and human resources.
- Raven Akram — Attorney, Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard
- Karla Bakersmith — President and CEO, Scrubs & Beyond, LLC
- Reena Hajat Caroll — Executive Director, Diversity Awareness Partnership
- Maxine Clark — Founder, Build-A-Bear
- Ninoska Clarkin — Director, PMO-Delivery Services, Edward Jones
- Gwendolyn Diggs — Chief Learning Officer, Ferguson-Florissant School District
- Mary Jennings — Human Resources Director, Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard
- Michele Liebman — General Principal, Banking Operations, Edward Jones
- Anita Reznicek — President, St. Joseph’s Academy
- Nancy Schnoebelen — Community Leader
- Ellen Sherberg — Publisher, St. Louis Business Journal
- Kristen Thompson — Financial Advisor, Renaissance Financial
- Kathie Woehrmann — Director for Marketing and Communications, ROi/Mercy Health
- Ann E. Duggan — Operations Manager, AVP
Registration Deadline: October 10th
Current students: contact your advisor to register for this course.
Questions? Call 314.889.4649 or EMAIL US.
Classes meet on the following Saturdays:
Oct. 18th, 25th; Nov. 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd; Dec. 6th, 13th
8:30 a.m. — 1 p.m.
Fontbonne’s main campus, 6800 Wydown Blvd., St. Louis, Mo., 63105
Additional information about the course:
Through this course, you will:
- Focus on ways to communicate and foster an environment of inclusion and diversity.
- Create a roadmap for career growth and success.
- Build, inspire and motivate individuals to enhance their interpersonal and leadership attributes and core competencies. - Develop a solid understanding and application of the complex roles of leaders today.
- Address Change Leadership and its impact on a proactive workforce of the future.
- Learn the latest methods for networking, mentoring and sponsorships.
- Meet women in the workforce today who lead and succeed.
Specific topics will include:
- Career Planning & Portfolio Building
- Self Confidence
- Community & Social Responsibility
- Integrity & Ethics
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Change Leadership
- Risk Taking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Conflict Management
- Understanding the Changing Workforce of the Future
- Team & Proactive Leadership
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
What people are saying about this course:
"As a business leader, I have seen the need for this type of course for years. Jeri Schultz is the perfect match to teach this course since she has always mentored young women starting out in their careers. This advanced course allows her to share tools and strategies on how to succeed in business from the female perspective."
– Karla Bakersmith, President and CEO, Scrubs & Beyond, LLC and Guest Speaker for the course
"Jeri Schultz and Fontbonne University have created an inspiring leadership course for women, bringing together a diverse group of leaders from the greater St. Louis area who are excited to share their experiences through engaging topics."
– Kathie Woehrmann, Director of Marketing & Communications, ROi (Resource Optimization & Innovation), a health care supply chain company founded by Mercy Health
"Anyone who takes this course can expect to be empowered, enlightened, and inspired by some of St. Louis’s most influential and innovative women. I feel humbled, honored and privileged to be part of such an amazing group of women and to share my 'lessons learned' and hopes for women of the future!"
– Raven J. Akram, Associate Attorney, Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard P.C.
Fontbonne University is a corporate partner of the Diversity Awareness Partnership.