Where am I?
The speech-language pathology graduate program has both a track for students with an undergraduate degree in communication disorders and for students without. For those without a communication disorders bachelor’s degree, the following prerequisite courses (offered over fall and spring semesters) must be completed prior to beginning the graduate curriculum:
- CDS 105 Speech/Language Development
- CDS 220 Phonetics
- CDS 201 Anatomy and Physiology of Speech/Hearing Mechanisms
- CDS 410 Audiology
- CDS 302 Phonological and Articulation Disorders
- CDS 211 Nature of Language
- CDS 231 Speech Science
- CDS 300 Clinical Methods
- CDS 311 Introduction to Language Disorders
- CDS 414 Auditory Rehabilitation
You must have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 for unrestricted admission.
To learn more about the program, download the 2011 Graduate Program Statistics (doc, 36KB).
How to apply
To begin your Fontbonne education, please submit:
- A completed online Graudate Application.
- A non-refundable $25 application fee.
- Official transcripts from every college and university you have attended. If you are currently attending college, include your most recently completed semester grades.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Speech-Langauge Pathology and Early Intervention in Deaf Education Recommendation Form (35K)
- A self-statement essay.
Send your information to:
Attn: Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Program Director
Department of Communication Disorders and Deaf Education
6800 Wydown Blvd., St. Louis MO 63105