Where am I?
Prepare for your arrival to Fontbonne University. The information below is designed to provide you with the information and resources to finalize your preparations for coming to Fontbonne.
Visa and Immigration
Ensure that you have prepared all necessary documents and proceedures to obtain the student F-1 visa. Learn more.
Confirm & Deposits
Once you have received your F-1 visa, you will need to do the following:
- Send the Office of International Affairs an update regarding your visa interview result.
- If awarded a scholarship, please confirm that you are accepting the award.
- Pay the tuition deposit (all students).
- Pay the housing deposit (only for students living on campus).
Travel to St. Louis
Begin planning your travel arrangements early, and ensure that you arrive in time to attend the mandatory international student orientation.
- For those traveling by plane plan to arrive at Lambert St. Louis International Airport (airport code: STL).
- If you need airport pickup, click here.
What to Bring
- Immigration documents: I-20, Passport and visa
- Financial: Do not carry more than $10,000USD or equivalent currency, this may cause confiscation and/or delays at the airport. Plan ahead by alerting your banking institution of your travel and living abroad plans.
- Clothes: Due to the wide range in temperatures throughout the year, please be advised to pack clothing appropriate for four seasons. Cold winters, cool/wet springs, hot summers, and warm autumns. Although the campus environment is quite casual, you may consider bringing at least one or two formal outfits.
- Health Information: Please bring any vaccination history
If you plan to live on campus, please contact Michelle Hechinger, firstname.lastname@example.org, in Student Affairs to learn about our on-campus housing options.
Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
What to expect, click here.
Translate this page
Share the knowledge!