Where am I?
Fontbonne University recognizes the challenges non-native English speakers face when considering becoming an undergraduate student in the United States. Thats why we created a unique conditional admission program, a transitional program that blends together ESL (English as a Second Language) classes with academic courses until the student is prepared to enroll as a full-time undergraduate students.
- Low - intermediate English
- Combination of ESL classes AND academic courses
- No TOEFL or IELTS required
- Support classes to help with homework and improving certain language abilities are offered
- Students without a TOEFL score, or a TOEFL score below 500pbt/65ibt, may apply for conditional admission by completing the International Student Application for Undergraduate Study.
- Students without a TOEFL will be required to take the Fontbonne University institutional English placement test (compass) before the start of classes.
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission Students (SACM): Undergraduate scholarship students must have a 5.5 IELTS to be considered for unconditional undergraduate admission, SACM students possesing a lower score may ONLY apply for Intensive English Program with the opportunity to apply for a conditional letter of acceptance to the program of their choice once the IEP program has started.
- Compass test minimum score required to move or skip levels.
- Students may take Compass test anytime to attempt a level change.
- Undergraduate scholarships fully apply for conditional admission students.
|1||ESL only||Compass ESL test 219 or lower|
|2||1 academic class + 3 developmental ESL courses||Compass ESL test 220-230|
|3||2 academic classes + 2 developmental ESL courses||Compass ESL test 231-245|
|4||3 academic classes + 1 developmental ESL course||Compass ESL test 246-259|
|Full-Time||Full-time undergraduate||Compass ESL test 260+|
Translate this page