Where am I?
Please read the following information carefully. It will guide you in your application process for admission to Fontbonne University.The following requirements must be met. Incomplete information, missing application fee, and missing documents will cause you considerable delay in being admitted or cause you not to be admitted.
- A Fontbonne University International Student Application, completed, signed and dated.
- An Application Fee of 50 usd.
- Proof of English Proficiency such as TOEFL, successful completion of English Composition at a U.S. college or university.
- Transcripts*, translated into English, indicating successful completion of the equivalent of American Bachelor's Degree.
- Transcripts*, translated into English, from all colleges and universities attended post-Bachelor's Degree (when applicable).
- A Personal Statement describing your educational goals.
- Personal Finances, see COSTS section below for additional information.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Copy of your passport page.
- Portfolio (for MFA and MA applicants only)
Foreign nationals who apply while physically in the United States (visitors and transfer students from U.S. schools) must also comply with item 11. Immigration documents (including all past I-20s, I-94, Visa, Transfer Form). *Transcript evaluations may be requested, approved services include www.ece.org and www.wes.org.
WHEN TO APPLY
- Fall Semester (August - December): June 15
- Spring Semester (January - May): November 15
- Summer Semester (June - July): April 15
- MS in Speech Language Pathology and MA Early Intervention in Deaf Education: February 1
All necessary documents and fees must be submitted by the deadlines, depending upon which semester you wish to enroll.
Original or certified copies of transcripts are required for admission and must be submitted with the application. Transcripts must list the courses/classes title, dates taken and grades received. All transcripts submitted must be in English or translated in English.
Graduate students applying to the following graduate programs with foreign undergraduate degrees or credits are required to sumbit an international transcript evaluation. Students must submit their transcripts to WES (World Education Services) www.wes.org or ECE www.ece.org for an official international academic credential evaluation - even if the original transcript is in English - and then submit the original and WES evaluated transcript to Fontbonne for transfer review.
- MA in Education
- MAT in Family and Consumer Sciences
- MA in Human Environmental Sciences
- MS in Speech-Language Pathology
- MA in Early Intervention in Deaf Education
Transferring Graduate Credit to Fontbonne
Fontbonne can accept transfer credits from foreign institutions. ALL international students attempting to transfer credits must first submit their transcripts to WES (World Education Services) www.wes.org or ECE www.ece.org for an official international academic credential evaluation - even if the original transcript is in English - and then submit the original and WES evaluated transcript to Fontbonne for transfer review.
- TOEFL IBT 71
- IELTS 6.5 (6.0 for Education programs, 7.0 for Speech-Language Pathology program)
- COMPASS ESL test 275+
- ELS - Completion of Level 112
- Kaplan - Completion of Advanced Level
- Completion of English composition one and two at a U.S. college or university.
International students applying for graduate programs must submit proof of financial support to cover at least one year of study at Fontbonne University, see below for estimated costs and minimum total required:
- Tuition & Fees: $12,084
- Average Housing Cost: $10,000
- Required Health Insurance: $841
- TOTAL FINANCES REQUIRED: $22,925
MBA for International Students (one-year format)
- Tuition & Fees: $26,309
- Average Housing Cost: $10,000
- Required Health Insurance
- TOTAL FINANCES REQUIRED: $37,150
MBA for International Students (two-year format)
- Tuition & Fees: $14,275 (per year)
- Average Housing Cost: $10,000
- TOTAL FINANCES REQUIRED: 25,216 (per year)
Financial Support Information
Students applying for study at Fontbonne University must show adequate financial resources to cover tuition and expenses for at least the first year of study (estimated total finances required above). IMPORTANT: a letter of financial support is required if the bank statement is not in the student's name, for example, if the parent's bank statement is submitted, then they must write a letter of financial support**(Statement of Financial Support).
- If the student or student's parents will fund the studies at Fontbonne, an original bank statement is needed and must show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- If the student's studies will be supported by a private sponsor a letter of financial support and original bank statement are needed and must show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- If the student's studies will be sponsored by an institution or government agency then, the institution or agency must provide official certification of financial guarantee for the amount to be covered. Sponsorship letters may not be older than 120 days. **Letter of financial support not required, sponsor letter is sufficient.
Fontbonne offers international students three options to pay the international student application fee:
- CHECK (include with completed application)
- WIRE TRANSFER
- Account number: 20333245
- ABA Routing #: 101000019
- Swift Code: CBKCUS44
- Credit: Fontbonne University
- Bank: Commerce Bank of St. Louis / Kansas City
- Student Name:
- Note: International Student Application Fee: $50 usd
- CREDIT CARD (payment by phone to the Fontbonne University Business Office: +1-314-889-1405)
- Student Name & Name on Credit Card
- Type of Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) & Card Number
- Credit Card Expiration Date and security code
- Amount: $50 usd
- Address and Phone number
- Security code (3-digit code on reverse side of credit card)Note: International Student Application Fee: $50 usd
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- Complete application form, please make sure to print clearly and include a valid email address.
- Submit ALL required documents in original form.
- Send ALL documents via post courier (DHL, FEDEX, UPS).
- Receipt of your application will be confirmed by email, phone confirmations will not be provided.
CONFIRMATION OF ADMISSION
Your admission to Fontbonne University will be confirmed when you receive an official letter of admission from the International Center. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the International Center at (314) 889-4509 or firstname.lastname@example.org