Where am I?
International Undergraduate Admissions
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the following information carefully. It will guide you in your application process for admission to Fontbonne University. The following requirements must be met. Incomplete information, missing application fee, and missing documents will cause you considerable delay in being admitted or cause you not to be admitted.
- A Fontbonne University Application. Complete online or by paper International Student Application.
- An Application Fee of 50 USD.
- Proof of English Proficiency such as TOEFL/IELTS, successful completion of English Composition at a U.S. college or university. If no score is provided you will be considered for conditional admission.
- High School Transcripts, translated into English, indicating completion of the equivalent of American high school.
- Post-Secondary Transcripts, translated into English, from all colleges, language schools, and/or universities attended (foreign transcripts may be sent via email; U.S. transcripts must be original and sent directly from the previous school to Fontbonne University).
- A Personal Statement describing your educational goals. Not required if applying conditionally.
- Personal Finances (original bank statement), see COSTS section below for additional information.
- Copy of your passport page.
- Foreign nationals who apply while physically in the United States (visitors and transfer students from U.S. schools) must provide immigration documents (including all past I-20s, I-94, Visa, Transfer Form).
WHEN TO APPLY
- Fall Semester (August - December): June 15
- Spring Semester (January - May): November 15
- Summer Semester (June - July): April 15
All necessary documents and fees must be submitted by the deadlines, depending upon which semester you wish to enroll.
Transcripts are required for admission and must be submitted with the application. Transcripts must list the courses/classes title, dates taken and grades received. All transcripts submitted must be in English or translated in English.
All undergraduate programs require a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale from high school (equivalent to a 78% on a 100% scale). In addition, if transferring from a language school or university, the GPA from those institutions must be a minimum of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to a 75% on a 100% scale).
Fontbonne can accept transfer credits from foreign institutions. ALL international students attempting to transfer credits must first submit their transcripts to WES (World Education Services, www.wes.org) or (Educational Credential Evaluators, www.ece.org) for an official international academic credential evaluation - even if the original transcript is in English - and then submit the original and WES evaluated transcript to Fontbonne for transfer review.
Fontbonne can accept transfer credits from U.S. institutions. International students attempting to transfer credits from a U.S. insitution must request an original transcript be sent from all institutions attended in the U.S. Original transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Fontbonne University, documents delivered by the student will not be accepted.
Option 1: admission with test of English
Applicants whose first language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score to be considered for full-time undergraduate study. Other tests of English will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Requirements:
- TOEFL: 65 (internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS: 5.5
- ELS: Completion of Level 112
- Inlingua: Completion of ESL 300, 301, 302
- Kaplan - Completion of Higher Intermediate level
- Completion of English composition one at a US college or university
- OR: COMPASS ESL Language Score 260+ (this option is only available for students in St. Louis who have applied to the university. The complimentary institutional test may only be taken one time for admission purposes).
Option 2: admission without test of English
International students seeking undergraduate admission that do not have a TOEFL or IELTS may apply for admission, and if accepted will be considered "conditional" and will be required to take the Fontbonne University institutional English test before classes begin. If a student meets the TOEFL or IELTS equivalent for full-time student they then will be fully admitted.
Scholarships are available for undergraduate study only and are reviewed based on the documents and information submitted in the undergraduate international application. Scholarship awards are applied to only Fall and Spring semesters. No additional documents are required. Learn more about our international scholarship program, click here.
Undergraduate Tuition & Costs
International students applying for undergraduate (bachelor's or Bridge) programs must submit proof of financial support to cover at least one year of study at Fontbonne University, see below for estimated costs and minimum total required:
- Tuition & Fees: $23,940
- Average Housing Cost: $10,000
- Required Health Insurance: $1,000
- TOTAL FINANCES REQUIRED: $34,940
Financial Support Information
Students applying for study at Fontbonne University must show adequate financial resources to cover tuition and expenses for at least the first year of study (estimated total finances required above). IMPORTANT: a letter of financial support is required if the bank statement is not in the student's name, for example, if the parent's bank statement is submitted, then they must write a letter of financial support**(Statement of Financial Support).
- If the student or student's parents will fund the studies at Fontbonne, an original bank statement is needed and must show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- If the student's studies will be supported by a private sponsor a letter of financial support and original bank statement are needed and must show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- If the student's studies will be sponsored by an institution or government agency then, the institution or agency must provide official certification of financial guarantee for the amount to be covered. Sponsorship letters may not be older than 120 days. **Letter of financial support not required, sponsor letter is sufficient.
Fontbonne offers international students three options to pay the international student application fee:
- ONLINE (required when completing an online application)
- CHECK (include with completed application)
- WIRE TRANSFER
- Account number: 203332453
- ABA Routing #: 101000019
- Swift Code: CBKCUS44
- Credit: Fontbonne University
- Bank: Commerce Bank of St. Louis / Kansas City
- Student Name:
- Note: International Student Application Fee: $50usd
- CREDIT CARD (payment by phone to the Fontbonne University Business Office: +1-314-889-1405)
- Student Name & Name on Credit Card
- Type of Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) & Card Number
- Credit Card Expiration Date and security code
- Amount: $50 usd
- Address and Phone number
- Security code (3-digit code on reverse side of credit card)
- Note: International Student Application Fee: $50 usd
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- Complete application form and application fee payment.
- Submit ALL required documents.
- Send ALL documents via post courier (DHL, FEDEX, UPS) or via email to email@example.com.
- Receipt of your application will be confirmed by email, phone confirmations will not be provided.
CONFIRMATION OF ADMISSION
Your admission to Fontbonne University will be confirmed when you receive an official letter of admission from the International Center. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the International Center by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Share the knowledge!
Translate this page