Where am I?
Transfer Student Admissions Requirements
We are glad you're interested in learning more about Fontbonne University.
To be admitted, you must:
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide official transcript(s) from all school(s) previously attended.
- If you have less than 30 transfer college credit hours, you must submit an official high school transcript.
In lieu of a high school diploma, Fontbonne will honor a satisfactory score on the General Educational Development (GED) examinations. Students submitting the GED, rather than a high school transcript, must submit a copy of the test scores to the office of admission.
If a transfer applicant fails to meet any one or more of the above requirements, their applications receive special consideration by the Undergraduate Academic Subcommittee. The subcommittee will decide if the applicant should be admitted to the university.
Accepted transfer students who are not exempt from the computerized university placement tests must take the test before registering for courses. The tests assist the university in evaluating, placing and advising incoming students. The following are exempt from the placement tests:
- A student who has earned a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited, degree-granting college of university.
- A student 25 years of age or older who has earned a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a minimum of 24 credit hours from an accredited degree-granting college or university.
- A student who has earned college credit with a grade of D or above in the subject areas which are represented in the tests and which meet Fontbonne’s general education requirements.
The major department determines the number of hours and the specific courses that will be accepted for transfer into the student’s intended major. Transfer students must complete all Fontbonne degree requirements and the residency requirements of a minimum of 32 credit hours. All courses taken during the semester of degree completion/graduation must be completed at Fontbonne University.
All accepted candidates must meet the minimum GPA requirements in their intended major field of study.
The university awards scholarships to students meeting all criteria required for scholarship consideration. To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must apply for full-time (12-18 credit hours), degree-seeking status. Fontbonne encourages applicants to apply for Financial Aid consideration to help assist with the cost of attendance.