According to Elmer Schneider, associate vice president for facilities, the second and third floor renovations of the building were completed on schedule June 30. The science department has since moved into its new home on the third floor, and summer lab classes began the week of August 1.
The renovation of the building began in October of 2009 and was made possible, in part, through a generous $1 million donation from the Anheuser-Busch Foundation. Now that Phase I of the construction is complete, Phase II is in full swing, said Schneider.
But even now, students, faculty and staff can take advantage of many of the building’s newly renovated features, which will, in total, include:
- A new biology laboratory and upgraded biology classrooms,
- A sophisticated business conference room and student library,
- Modern laboratories and classrooms for programs in the Human Environmental Sciences department,
- A new student lounge,
- A glass-encased stairway tower with a handicapped accessible elevator,
- A state-of-the-art greenhouse topping the second floor of the south end of the building.
Thinking about coming to Fontbonne? Set up a tour of campus and take a peek at AB Hall.