- Dennis Golden, President of Fontbonne University
- Richard Greenberg, Hemker & Gale P.C.: Enforcing Donors’ Pledges, Employee vs. Volunteer/Use of Volunteers as Unpaid Staff
- Judy Murphy, RubinBrown LLP: New Tax and Accounting Practices for NPOs
- Fred Thal, Feature Group USA: Marketing Online for NPOs, Impact of Social Networks on Nonprofits
- Linda Maurer, Fontbonne University: Protecting the Mission through Solid Business Management
Offering the seminar at no charge was an important consideration, according to Linda Maurer, dean of the Eckelkamp College. “During financially challenging times, we felt it was especially appropriate to reach out as a resource to our nonprofit community leaders and share insight unique to their management challenges,” she added.
The seminar’s content reflected a sampling of subject matter associated with Fontbonne’s M.S. in Nonprofit Management program. Maurer noted, “We wanted to demonstrate that our approach to nonprofit management is distinctive with nonprofit issues being addressed within a solid business framework.” Key faculty attended the seminar and introduced the panelists.
“It’s becoming increasingly complex to manage a nonprofit and we strive to help our graduate students prepare for the major responsibilities and challenges facing industry professionals as this sector continues to grow,” said Maurer.
Participants attended the April event packed the Marion and Van-Lear Black classroom of the newly renovated Anheuser-Busch Hall. Due to its success, planning is already underway for a second seminar in September 2011.
Learn more about this event series or Fontbonne's master’s degree in nonprofit management. Call 314-863-2220 for additional information.