The institute will feature two presenters, Kelley Gallagher and Heidi Mills. Gallagher is the author of three books on reading and is a full-time high school teacher in Anaheim, Ca. Mills is a professor of elementary and language and literacy education at the University of South Carolina and has devoted her career to collaborative inquiry. In addition to their insight, participants will gain the following, and more:
- Practical, classroom strategies for assessing reading comprehension
- Proven classroom engagements for teaching reading comprehension strategies
- Information from recent research and professional publications about the teaching and assessment of reading
- Support from national speakers, area teacher leaders, and colleagues
- Ideas to take back to your own classroom and your colleagues
Learn more about the summer literacy institute.
Learn more about studying education at Fontbonne.