Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Leasing ConsoultantPosted by: Mills Properties
Posted date: 2012-Oct-22
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Mills....Your Destination is Our Inspiration!
Mills Properties has an immediate opening for a Part Time Leasing Consultant in the West County area.
Interested candidates may submit their resume directly to employmentmillsproperties.net, fax resume to 314-721-7222, or visit our website at ‘millsapartments.net’ to submit an online application.
• Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident, and for maintaining communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
• Understand the housing needs of guests.
• Communicate through words and action that you are committed to helping guests resolve their housing problems.
• Explain rental criteria to guests.
• Extend an invitation to rent to all guests who meet the basic rental criteria.
• Complete follow-up, thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial property visit.
• Assist in the implementation and proper usage of all programs, policies and procedures, including resident retention and renewal programs.
• Inspect models and market ready vacant apartments daily to ensure cleanliness.
• Monitor all vacant apartments and future vacant apartments in order to react proactively to future occupancy needs.
• Be able to effectively explain all leases and community policies to new and current residents.
• Accurately record all guest contacts and phone calls.
• Responsible for attending and assisting in resident relations and community social activities, such as newsletters, parties, meetings, etc.
• Be familiar with the inventory of apartments that are available for rent at the community.
• Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacant apartments, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
• Monitor the property advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintain ad book and demographics.
• Prepare monthly competitive survey reports and analyze the real estate market trends and conditions in the area. Understand the history, trends and productivity of guest traffic.
• Work along with Property Manager to ensure curb appeal and property appearance is acceptable.
• Analyze and monitor the property market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the property. Accurately complete the rent ranking on a regular basis.
• Perform marketing visits to businesses, institutions, and other potential sources of new residents.
• Organize and maintain current files, reports and other property paperwork.
• Responsible for accurate and efficient processing of prospective residents, including lease applications, application verification, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks and move-in packets.
• Responsible for accurately collecting and recording security deposits, rent payments and other move-in funds.
• Complete service requests and communicate effectively to maintenance department.
• Assist Property Manager and Assistant Manager, when requested, in preparing daily and weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, surveys, etc.
• Conduct all business according to company policy and all laws pertaining to apartment communities such as Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities, etc.
• Maintain a professional and organized work environment.
• Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance staff. Inspect move-outs and vacant apartments.
• Make recommendations to management regarding improvements for the overall operation of the community.
• Attend and participate in training seminars and company meetings as requested.
• Attend all property meetings, including the monthly safety meetings.
• Present a professional appearance in accordance with the Mills’ Grooming Guidelines, to include the wearing of uniform apparel and name tag/badge.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Property Manager, Assistant Manager or Leasing Director.