Social Media Intern
Posted by: ALIVE Magazine
Posted date: 2012-Nov-09
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Interns at ALIVE gain valuable experience in the industry through opportunities to work directly with department heads on a number of social media projects. We invest our energy in hardworking, talented individuals looking for growth and possibly a future career. Both current students and recent college grads have participated in our internship program to gain unmatched experience in the editorial field.
Social Media Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining ALIVE’s social media accounts, including (but not limited to) Facebook and Twitter. This may involve anything from organizing lists to scheduling posts to curating conversation.
- Work on long-term and short-term projects around developing and maintaining ALIVE’s social media presence. Specific projects will vary from term to term, and will be discussed separately.
- Assist in live coverage of select ALIVE events.
- Promote ALIVE’s editorial content (from both the print magazine and the blog) and events through social media channels.
- An effective communicator and writer, with extensive social media experience; majors in communications and/or journalism preferred.
- Be an expert on basic social media sites and tools, especially Facebook and Twitter. Experience managing an account for a business or entity other than your self is preferred.
- In-the-know on the latest social media trends, both on established outlets and emerging ones. Know how to use them effectively and creatively.
- Active on your personal social media accounts.
- Have a very good grasp of the ALIVE audience and voice.
- Have a keen eye for detail and be well-organized.
- Have excellent time-management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Possess a positive, team-player attitude and take pride in each assigned task.
- Maintain a professional, upbeat demeanor when appearing on ALIVE’s behalf or interacting with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to think and work independently and problem solve, but also follow directions and take feedback effectively.
- Must be willing to commit to a 90-day internship period.
- Must be available for in-office hours—16 hours/week at minimum.
- All scheduled shifts must be made up. If you can’t make a scheduled shift, you must notify your supervisor and schedule make-up time at least one week before your absence. If there is a last-minute emergency, call—don’t email.
- A two-week notice period is required before final day of internship.
Skills Acquired Upon Internship Completion:
- Honed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in managing social media for a publication and media company, from both editorial and marketing perspectives.
- An awareness of the many facets of how a media company operates.
- Improved professional demeanor with colleagues and clients.