Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Assistant State Bank ExaminerPosted by: State of Missouri
Posted date: 2012-Nov-19
Location: Missouri-Non St. Louis Metro Area
November 15, 2012 Closing Date: November 30, 2012
**** JOB OPPORTUNITY ****
TITLE: Assistant State Bank Examiner
LOCATIONS: Division of Finance
Jefferson City, Missouri
STARTING SALARY: $38,872
The Division of Finance currently supervises 274 state-chartered banks with seventy-four bank examiners located in five cities throughout the state.
· Review the operation of state chartered banks to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
· Investigate for unsafe and unsound banking practices, and assess the adequacy of internal controls.
· Responsible for determining the financial condition of a bank by evaluating and rating six basic areas; capital, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity and market sensitivity.
· Considerable travel required.
· Perform other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Basic knowledge of bank operations, financial examination procedures and information technology examination techniques.
· Proficient in the operation of personal computers including word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other examiners, institution employees and management.
· Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally and prepare concise reports.
· Ability to demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
· Must possess a valid drivers license
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with specialization in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or a closely related area, including or supplemented by six semester hours of accounting coursework.
· Professional or technical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME BY NOVEMBER 30, 2012 TO: Division of Finance ATTN: Kim Sandbothe
Fiscal & Administrative Manager
P. O. Box 716Jefferson City, MO 65102 Fax: 573-751-9192