Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Assistant Consumer Credit ExaminerPosted by: State of Missouri
Posted date: 2012-Nov-19
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
November 15, 2012 Closing Date: November 30, 2012
**** JOB OPPORTUNITY ****
TITLE: Assistant Consumer Credit Examiner
LOCATION: Division of Finance
St. Louis, Missouri
STARTING SALARY: $38,872
· Assist in the examination of finance companies, installment loan departments of banks, and related consumer credit companies to determine compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
· Ensure that fees and interest rate charges are appropriate, and that all notices and disclosures have been made to the consumer.
· Conduct exit interviews with company officials to advise them of examination findings and recommend corrective action.
· Prepare and submit consumer credit examination reports to the Division office.
· Conduct field investigations to collect information concerning consumer complaints received by the supervisor.
· Considerable travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of the operation of consumer credit companies and the laws and regulations they operate within.
· Ability to perform detailed work involved in the examination of consumer credit companies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with examiners, consumer credit employees and management.
· Proficient in the operation of personal computers including word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Excellent communication skills needed, both written and verbal.
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with specialization in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or a closely related area, including or supplemented by six semester hours of accounting coursework.
· Professional or technical experience in accounting, finance, or in the consumer credit or banking industry that affords knowledge of financial management, loans, or consumer credit, may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME BY NOVEMBER 30, 2012 TO:
Division of Finance
ATTN: Kim Sandbothe
Fiscal & Administrative Manager
P.O. Box 716
Jefferson City, MO 65102