Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Safety OfficerPosted by: St. Louis Job Corps Center
Posted date: 2012-Nov-29
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
St Louis Job Corps Center
4333 Goodfellow Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63120
Telephone (314) 679-6215 ~ Fax (314) 679-6103
GENERAL FUNCTIONS: Implements the policies and procedures required for Center Security in a humanistic and professional manner. Secures from harm, theft or misuse the grounds, property, students and personnel of the Center.
· Conducts assigned investigations, including collection and preservation of all evidence and information pertinent to any breach of security, safety and practice or law.
· Develops any leads related to students misbehavior through investigations and contacts.
· Photographs and secures the scene of any serious incident and conducts a search for physical evidence.
· Labels, identifies and preserves all physical evidence obtained at a crime/incident scene in order that it may be presented in a competent court of law, if necessary.
· Interrogates suspects and interview witnesses concerning the alleged commission of an incident or crime, when necessary.
· Prepares a complete and precise report of the incident, upon the completion of an investigation.
· Patrols assigned posts and premises.
· Maintains a pleasant and professional relationship with staff, students and visitors.
· Exhibits behaviors and best practices that are consistent with the vision and values of the company.
This posting does not list all the duties assigned to the job.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred. One year experience in military/industrial security or fire prevention required.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid State Commercial Driver License is preferred. Must be certified or able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid. Must have a valid Security License
Interested applicants should apply in person at the St. Louis Job Corps Center, 4333 Goodfellow Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63120 in the Human Resources Department, between the hours of 9:00 am – 12 noon and 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Your application will not be considered if you fail to meet the minimum qualifications, or possess the license or certifications required.