Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Software Engineer - Entry LevelPosted by: Dickey John
Posted date: 2012-Dec-05
Location: Illinois- Non St. Louis Metro Area
Qualified and Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to Lashonda.fitchmanpower.com
Salary: $50,000- $60,000
Dickey John in Auburn, IL is looking for 2 Software Engineers who will design, develop, and construct new test equipment and maintain existing test equipment for a variety of the company’s products. For the past 4 decades Dickey John has been the leading manufacturer of electronic devices for the agricultural industry!
What this company offers you:
ü Full Benefits- 401K, Medical/Dental
ü Employee Travel Assistance
ü Short Term/Long Term Disability
ü Advancement Opportunities
The role you will play:
The Software Engineer I position is an entry level engineering position that requires knowledge of fundamental software engineering principles. Under close supervision the scope of work is routine in nature and will consist of a series of detailed steps that require the use of readily available references to support the creation of robust software applications that integrate into our products.
The Software Engineer I will work cross functionally with Purchasing, Quality, Production, Field Test, Manufacturing, and Service. They will assist with new product documentation, test plans, product specifications, test equipment and experiments, prototypes versions of newly designed equipment, reviewing and resolving production issues and failure analysis.
The overall scope of work is routine in nature and consists of a series of detailed steps. The position requires the use of readily available references, and the development of clear solutions to problems.
1. With strong guidance, execute tasks on pieces of projects in order to gain familiarity with the architecture of our software.
2. Use software tools to write application code focused on user interface and/or basic serial bus communications.
3. Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek guidance from manager or more senior level software engineers.
4. Write, comment on, and de-bug existing code.
5. Complete implementation of classes.
6. Implement test plans.
7. Work cooperatively with other departments.
8. Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Resolve manufacturing and/ or new product integration issues.
11. Responsible for managing assigned work with clear and consistent detailed steps and documentation.
12. Support design changes by reviewing proposed changes, engineering drawings, documentation, and change control.
13. Work cooperatively with other departments.
14. Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in software or electrical engineering, or computer science
If a Master’s Degree in software or electrical engineering or computer science is held, substitutions may be made for the Bachelor’s degree,
Master’s degree in software or electrical engineering, or computer science.
0-3 years working knowledge and design skills in:
• Firmware development using an interrupt driven framework or Real-Time Operating System
• Object oriented user interface design for graphic displays
• 8/16/32-bit Microcontroller Development using C, or C++
• Knowledge of Controller Area Network communications and protocol analysis
• Coding to a Coding Standard and following Source Revision Control procedures
• Familiarity with the following micros is a plus:
ARM7, ARM Cortex, C167, Soft-core processors in FPGAs
Object oriented Graphical User Interface design using C, or C++
• Embedded Linux application development and debugging
• Real-Time Operating System application and configuration experience
• Digital logic, memory, and signal processing
• Worst-case timing analysis over temperature specification
• Knowledge of the following CAN protocols: ISO 11783, J1939 and NMEA2000
• Vector CANoe CAN bus and protocol analysis
• Communication interfaces: USB, RS485, RS232, SPI, I2C, Zigbee
Familiarity with the following software development tools: PC Lint, MKS Integrity, IAR Embedded Workbench
Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project)
3. Core Competencies:
§ Use software engineering principles in problem solving
§ Evaluate and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
§ Exercise limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work.
§ Perform basic design tasks.
§ Assist in estimation of task time to completion.
§ Perform analysis, draws conclusions, and present results.
§ Draw on resources and check references to problem solve issues.
§ Test, verify and validate data.
§ Read schematics.
§ Demonstrate high ethical standards.
§ Demonstrates ability to work cooperatively with other departments.
§ Understand schedules and meet deadlines.
1. Mental Effort
§ Normal periods of concentration required to complete assignments within established deadlines.
§ Routinely read and write technical and non-technical information.
§ Regularly required to conduct research, analyze data and create methodologies/visualize conclusions to resolve minor problems.
2. Physical Requirements
§ Sit for extended periods of time.
§ Stand and walk/move to different locations as needed.
§ Travel is required for this position to review customer requirements and to address performance problems in the field either at customer facilities or customer field test sites.
§ Position may require additional hours of work to achieve program deadlines.
Qualified and Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to Lashonda.fitchmanpower.comSoftware Engineer- Entry Level