1. Provide on-site and occasional outreach assistance to clients seeking emergency assistance.
2. Provide persons seeking assistance with intake and assessment activities to determine client eligibility and to match clients with resources.
3. Distribute food, vouchers, and/or checks as available to clients for purchases and payments and refer persons to other agencies if assistance is unavailable.
4. Identify resources available in service areas and maintain a current community resource guide to provide information and referral services and inform persons of the resources available to them.
5. Network with community agencies and organizations to maximize services to persons and occasionally liaison between clients, The Salvation Army and other agencies.
6. Record electronic and written client information in paper and computer records and maintain client confidentiality.
7. Record statistical data and provide statistical reports in a timely manner.
8. Caseworker will expend ESS funding and in-kind gifts in a manner that conforms to spending deadlines and utilizes tracking methods prescribed by the RESS office. All reports must be submitted in a timely manner.
9. Maintain food pantry in clean and organized condition. Stock space with food products and distribution supplies.
10. Direct, schedule, and supervise the volunteer(s) staffing the food pantry.
11. Communicate social service activities to the Corps Officer(s), coordinate social services with other Corps programming, and inform clients of Corps programming.
12. Facilitate client application process for seasonal and special assistance as well as community programs.
13. Participate in Corps seasonal events and resource collection as directed by supervisor.
14. Provide emergency social services during disaster situations for extended durations and in extreme conditions.
15. Represent The Salvation Army through the implementation of its mission in all service aspects.