Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Fund & Resource Development Coordinator - Americorps VISTAPosted by: EarthDance Farms
Posted date: 2013-Jan-02
Location: St. Louis County, MO
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION: EarthDance sustainably grows food, farmers, and community, one small farm at a time, through hands-on education and delicious experiences.
POSITION: Americorps VISTA: Fund & Resource Development Coordinator (FRDC)
LOCATION: 302 Thoroughman Ave, Ferguson, MO 63135EarthDance is seeking a self-motivated, creative and resourceful individual with excellent organizational skills, experience in fundraising, and a commitment to EarthDance’s mission, to serve as our Fund & Resource Development Coordinator and assist us with building capacity within our organization.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Fund & Resource Development position will serve to support the expansion and function of EarthDance during this period of growth. The Fund & Resource Development position will build the capacity of the organization through the exploration of available community resources, the collaborative development of a comprehensive fund development plan, and the co-creation of grant proposals. The position will also include planning fundraising and donor acknowledgement events. The Fund & Resource Development Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, and the Board of Directors to build a strong foundation of support for our young organization to continue to thrive at sustainably growing food, farmers, and community!
1. Development Activities (80%)
o Maintains grant database and develops fundraising strategies for organization.
o Co-creates Fund Development Plan.
o Assists in planning major fundraising events and building donor relationships.
2. Participation in Program Activities (10%)
o Participates in some program activities as applicable to better understand the needs of our organization and those we serve, including farm tours, apprenticeship orientation day, farmers markets, etc.
3. Board of Directors (10%)
o Works closely with the Board of Directors and the Development Committee. The FRDC will be expected to attend at least some Board committee meetings.
1. Demonstrated strong time management and organization skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and development strategies specific to comparable non-profit organizations.
3. Proven experience and skills in budgeting and planning projects, and evaluation of overall program effectiveness.
4. Demonstrated ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear verbal and written communications in a variety of media forms and channels, and for diverse audiences. (Please attach a proposal writing sample.*)
5. Ability to work effectively in a demanding, high-energy environment and manage multiple tasks and priorities, while maintaining a sense of humor
6. Some event planning and grant writing experience preferred.
7. Proficiency with Windows Office Suite and Google Groups, Google Calendar.
8. Ability and willingness to work some weekends and evenings.
9. University degree or recognized professional training in a field related to business or non-profit management.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, & KNOWLEDGE DESIRED
1. Knowledge of agricultural and food system issues.
2. Knowledge of community development and youth education issues.
3. Experience working collaboratively in a team environment with successful outcomes.
4. Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality.
5. Superior attention to detail.
6. Experience in grant writing and event planning.
7. Enjoyment of farming and gardening, the arts, music, and interacting with the public.
8. Experience with Quickbooks or online accounting software system preferred
· Position may involve some travel.
· Position may evolve into regular salaried position with EarthDance upon fulfillment of Americorps service and responsibilities.
· Use of personal computer or laptop
· Reliable transportation or the ability to navigate the public transportation system
HOURS: This is a full-time position, requiring 40 hours/week.
Application via the Americorps website is also required. Apply online at:
*No more than 3 pages please. May include grant proposal, project report, etc.