Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Marketing & Communications Coordinator - Americorps VISTAPosted by: EarthDance Farms
Posted date: 2013-Jan-02
Location: St. Louis County, MO
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION: EarthDance sustainably grows food, farmers, and community, one small farm at a time, through hands-on education and delicious experiences.
POSITION: Americorps VISTA: Fund & Resource Development Coordinator (FRDC)
LOCATION: 302 Thoroughman Ave, Ferguson, MO 63135EarthDance is seeking a self-motivated, creative and resourceful individual with excellent organizational skills, experience in graphic design, marketing, and a commitment to EarthDance’s mission, to serve as our Marketing & Communications Coordinator and assist us with building capacity within our organization.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Marketing & Communications position will serve to support the expansion and function of EarthDance during this period of growth. The Marketing & Communications position will build the capacity of the organization and the ability to serve more low-income individuals through the development of communications and marketing materials for our diverse groups of target constituents, including prospective apprentices, beginning farmers, local Ferguson residents, Ferguson Florissant School District students, faculty, and staff, farmers market shoppers, corporate sponsors, and private donors. This project will assist with the following areas of capacity building for EarthDance: strategic planning, fundraising, community outreach, revenue generation through produce sales, and program participant and volunteer recruitment. By supporting EarthDance’s marketing and communication efforts, more individuals will be aware of the services and educational programs that EarthDance offers. In addition, this VISTA position will assist EarthDance in its upcoming capital campaign and fundraising needs by creating targeted communications to prospective donors. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator (MCC) will work closely with the Executive Director, the Farm & Community Education Coordinator, and the Development team.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be intimately involved with all facets of the young organization. It is anticipated that 15% of the MCC’s time will be spent on the EarthDance farm documenting programs with photo and video; 15% in the community representing EarthDance and recruiting participants, volunteers, and supporters at outreach and fundraising events; and 70% in the office uploading photo and video, and creating online and printed marketing and communication materials, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, e-newsletters, and blog posts. Some time may be spent marketing EarthDance produce at area farmers markets and/or to wholesale customers such as chefs and grocers.
1. Create electronic communications and online marketing materials (30%)
β Document EarthDance programs and events by photograph and video; upload content to flickr and YouTube on a weekly basis and/or embed video or photo slideshow on EarthDance website
β Create and send out press releases for EarthDance announcements and events, and follow up with strategic media contacts to solicit media placement
β Create, edit, and send out monthly e-newsletter, The Cultivator, with input from other staff
β Write and edit content for EarthDance website
2. Create print marketing & communications materials (30%)
· Assist in creating content for various EarthDance promotional materials such as an EarthDance brochure and donation/membership appeal letter
· Create design for aforementioned promotional materials
· Create design for such program materials as registration form, curriculum fact sheet, and apprenticeship program info booklet
3. Assist with communications for Save Small Farms capital campaign (10%)
· Assist Executive Director in developing a persuasive ‘Case for Support’
· Write and design a campaign brochure
· Create a publicity timetable to schedule campaign announcements and events as part of organization’s existing public relations (i.e. press releases, blog posts, e-newsletter, targeted e-blasts, etc.)
4. Co-manage EarthDance’s public outreach/educational events (20%)
· Review event evaluations from previous outreach events
· Plan educational activities to engage the public at events
· Develop outreach ‘how to’ sheets and instructions for set up, etc.
· Assist in leading outreach activities (responsibility shared with Farm & Community Education Coordinator)
· Write event evaluation report for each event.
5. Market farm produce and products. (10%)
· Staff EarthDance’s farmers market booth (up to once every 2 wks)
· Contact wholesale customers when there is bounty to sell
· Create recipe cards for farmers market shoppers and/or CSA
1. Proven experience and skills in graphic design and marketing
2. Demonstrated ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear verbal and written communications in a variety of media forms and channels, and for diverse audiences. (Please attach a sample of your work.*)
3. Demonstrated strong time management and organization skills.
4. Superior attention to detail.
5. Ability to work effectively in a demanding, high-energy environment and manage multiple tasks and priorities, while maintaining a sense of humor
6. Experience working effectively as part of a team
7. Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality
8. Demonstrated ability to lead by example, with a strong work ethic, compassion and integrity
9. Proficiency with Windows Microsoft Office, Google Groups and Google Calendar
10. University degree, professional experience, or recognized professional training in a field such as communications, marketing, visual arts, or other relevant field
1. Knowledge of agricultural and food system issues.
2. Experience in video editing, Wordpress blogs, and Hootsuite.
3. Volunteer recruitment or community outreach experience
4. Enjoyment of farming and gardening and interacting with the public.
Use of personal computer or laptop
Reliable transportation or the ability to navigate the public transportation system
· Position may involve some travel.
· Position may evolve into regular salaried position with EarthDance upon fulfillment of Americorps service and responsibilities.
HOURS: This is a full-time position, requiring 40 hours/week.
for more information on becoming an Americorps VISTA.
CONTACT: To apply for this position, you must send a resume, cover letter, and marketing and/or design samples* to: Molly Rockamann, Executive Director, at
Application via the Americorps website is also required. Apply online at:
*Marketing and/or Design Samples:
o No more than 3 attachments
o Examples: logo design, brochure design, website copy, newsletter article, etc.