Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Personal CounselorPosted by: St. Louis Job Corps Center
Posted date: 2013-Jan-02
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
St Louis Job Corps Center
4333 Goodfellow Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63120
Telephone (314) 679-6215 ~ Fax (314) 679-6103
Identifies and meets the personal counseling needs of all students on assigned caseload through individual counseling and group counseling sessions in accordance with PRH Chapter 2; 2.4 Personal Counseling. Assists students in obtaining the appropriate support and resources needed to successfully complete the program.
· Conducts an initial intake interview within the first 48 hours of the student’s enrollment.
· Provides on-going personal counseling services during the students first 60 days of enrollment.
· Maintains current and accurate files on students assigned to caseload to include individual counseling sessions, reason for each session, an assessment and a plan of action with appropriate follow up.
· Assists with AWOL retrieval, confer with parents, admissions counselors, career transition specialists, social service agencies and provide referrals to community resources as appropriate.
· Develops a system to communicate with other staff, departments and community resources to coordinate the delivery of services needed for the students.
· Models, supports and integrates employability skills, attitude and knowledge into phases of career development.
· Exhibits behaviors and best practices that are consistent with the vision and values of the company.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned by designated and/or authorized staff.
This posting does not list all the duties assigned to the job.
A Bachelor Degree in Counseling, education, Guidance, Human Development Psychology, Social Work or Vocational Rehabilitation with 15 semester hours of undergraduate or graduate coursework directly related to Counseling and one year experience preferably in vocational, personal, social and career development counseling
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid regular Driver License is required
Interested applicants should apply in person at the St. Louis Job Corps Center in the Human Resources Department at 4333 Goodfellow Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63120, Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 12 noon and 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Your application will not be considered if you fail to meet the minimum qualifications, or possess the license or certifications required.