Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
TEMPORARY SUMMER SECRETARYPosted by: Thompson Coburn LLP
Posted date: 2013-Jan-10
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Thompson Coburn LLP currently has a non-exempt position available in our St. Louis office for a Temporary Summer Secretary commencing in May 2013 and lasting until sometime in August 2013. The hours of this position will be 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with an hour for lunch. Preferred applicants will have a high school degree or equivalent. The person selected for this position must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work closely with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
· Generates and finalizes correspondence, memoranda, briefs, appeal forms and all other documentation associated with practice, including extensive document revisions. Prepares e-mails, faxes, photocopies and scan requests as needed.
· Tracks incoming client data, faxes, etc. and insures that outgoing mail and faxes are timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery. Contacts clients or other related parties directly as may be required within framework of departmental practice.
· Maintains calendar and departmental deadline reminder systems as well as firm docketing and master calendar system and reviews to ensure that tasks are timely completed.
· Opens new files, requests conflict of interest checks with appropriate department. Conducts periodic review for possible storage of older files; prepares files to be closed. Maintains files, manages high volume of filing and assists with general organization and maintenance of departmental file room.
· Maintains good public relations with clients and county and/or court personnel; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship; receives clients and visitors (occasionally).
· Assists with bill finalization (as requested) or other related tasks.
· Works closely with administrative support staff (office services, receptionists, business office, etc.); insures that attorney, paralegal and practice area assistants’ timesheets are entered and released in a timely manner.
· Assists with meeting all departmental deadlines and works with all other departmental members as time permits facilitating smooth work flow particularly during heavier work periods (as well as any other administrative duties as time permits or as may be requested in other departments).
This position has the following requirement:
· The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
· remain in a stationary position the majority of the work day;
· be able to move about inside the office to access various items;
· must be able to elevate and transport items up to 25 pounds; constantly operate office machinery including but not limited to computers, computer mouse, hand held devices, and copy machines
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our application, which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V