Show Performer/Animal Keeper
Posted by: Grant's Farm
Posted date: 2013-Jan-18
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Seasonal Show Performer/Animal Keeper Position at Grant's Farm
Position is available from April 1st – November 3rd. This is a part-time position with approximately 32 hours per week. Housing and benefits are not included in this position. If you are chosen for an interview, a short video of yourself may be required as part of the selection process.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Public speaking experience required. Preference will be given to those with this experience.
- Will be required to work holidays, weekends and some evenings.
- Must be team oriented.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor degree or working towards a degree in any of the life sciences preferred.
- Prior animal experience or training experience with animals preferred
- Public speaking is required. Must perform keeper talks and our 20 minute Animal Encounters show in a theater in front of large audiences.
- Responsible for show preparation and maintaining the animal behaviors as directed by the supervisor.
- Communicates (written and oral) effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
- Daily animal care including but not limited to feeding, cleaning, and training of animals including reptiles, amphibians, small mammals and birds.
- Observes animals for changes in behavior and any signs of injury or illness.
- Assists veterinarian and supervisor with animal treatment and administers medications as prescribed.
- Follows guidelines on safe handling, restraint, in accordance with organization policies.
- Keeps accurate daily records.
- Provides approved animal enrichment