Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Intern for Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD)--Paid internshipPosted by: Catholic Charities
Posted date: 2013-Jan-18
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Catholic Campaign for Human Development Internship
Catholic Charities of St. Louis is seeking an energetic and motivated Catholic individual is who committed to Social Justice and community development for a 24-week paid internship with the archdiocese’s Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) program. The intern will play an integral role in promoting the CCHD, including the annual collection, to the greater Catholic community in the Archdiocese of St. Louis and will assist with the national and local grant processes. Prior to his or her start, the intern must attend the orientation at the CCHD office in Washington D.C. from May 29-31, 2013 (all traveling and training expenses will be covered). The intern will report to and work with the CCHD Diocesan Director, as well as the Senior Director of Advocacy at Catholic Charities, the CCHD Committee, and the Catholic Charities Advocacy Council.
Tasks will include:
· Creating a webpage that promotes the CCHD and highlights the funded organizations
· Developing materials to educate youth and adults about poverty and the CCHD
· Visiting parish councils, parish and deanery social justice committees, and St. Vincent de Paul groups to educate them about poverty and the CCHD
· Visiting high school social justice classes and parish youth groups to talk to them about poverty, Catholic Social Teaching, and the CCHD
· Interviewing and evaluating organizations during the grant process
· Facilitating a grant writing workshop for prospective local grantees
· Planning an awards reception for the grant recipients
Applicants should demonstrate a strong desire to empower low-income communities and have experience with community service and/or community organizing. Applicants must be able to work both independently and in collaboration with others, have strong writing and public speaking skills, and proficient computer and social media skills. Experience in publishing and editing WordPress (or similar program) and event planning a plus. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Must have own transportation and the occasional ability to work nights and weekends. Application is available at www.ccstl.org/about-us/employment. Application is due by March 1, 2013!
Please complete the internship application and send it, with your resume, to: Meg Olson, CCHD Diocesan Director molsonccstl.org by March 1, 2013.
Questions? Contact Meg Olson, Diocesan Director, at molsonccstl.org or (314) 367-5500 x1128.
To learn more about the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, please visit www.usccb.org/cchd.