The Rockwood School District is seeking an outstanding educator for the position of Assistant Principal of Ellisville Elementary School.
Located in Ellisville, Missouri, the staff of Ellisville Elementary is dedicated to providing excellent educational opportunities to all students. The staff strives to provide a nurturing environment and differentiated instruction designed to meet the needs of every child. Regular communication between school and home, parental involvement and the school’s open-door policy all foster a caring attitude that echoes in the halls of Ellisville Elementary every day. Ellisville Elementary was recognized as a 2012 Missouri and National School of Character.
· Master’s degree or higher with a major in Educational Administration.
· Must be eligible for a certificate in elementary school administration from the Missouri State Department of Education.
· Successful experience as a classroom teacher.
· Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
Competitive salary and benefits
Starting Date: July 1, 2013
210 Day Contract
Screening to Begin: February 10, 2013
Complete an administrative online application at https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012927 Attach the following: letter of interest stating salary expectations, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers (including current supervisor). Once your administrative online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.
Rockwood School District
111 East North Street, Eureka, MO 63025
Rockwood Fast Facts
The Rockwood School District, a suburban St. Louis County school district, is a growing, dynamic and highly-respected educational system of 21,951 students spanning 150 square miles in west and southwest St. Louis County. Accelerated learning for all students is the focus of the curriculum in this nationally-recognized district of 30 schools and 3,000+ employees.
· District encompasses 150 square miles
· Over 22,000 students enrolled
· 19 elementary schools
· 6 middle schools
· 4 high schools
· Separate campuses for Gifted, Early Childhood and Alternative High School Education
· Nearly 1,500 Certified Staff
· Over 1,400 Support Staff
· AdvancED Accreditation
Innovative, Progressive Learning Environment
· AAA Rating with S & P Rating Agency
· Ten nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon Schools
· Fourteen Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence
· National School District of Character
· Accreditation: Distinction in Performance with High Achievement from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
· Perfect score on the Annual Performance Report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
· Largest school district in St. Louis County
Opportunities for Professional Growth and Advancement
· National award-winning staff development program
· Tuition reimbursement to attend area universities and colleges for evening and summer graduate programs
Visit our Web site: www.rockwood.k12.mo.us
It is the policy of the Board to accord equal considerations and impartial treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, disability, handicapping conditions, or any other factor that is not a proper legal basis for an employment decision.
Posted on January 18, 2013