The Rockwood School District is accepting applications for the position of Director of Professional Learning. This position reports to the Executive Director of Learning and Support Services. Develops, coordinates and oversees all Professional Learning for the District. Plans, organizes, and schedules staff development programs that reflects best practice research and are responsive to the needs of the staff and students to ensure that all students realize their potential.
· Appropriate graduate preparation in professional learning and/or district leadership.
· Missouri Administrator Certificate preferred (or ability to obtain) and proven experience in the areas of continuous improvement and professional learning.
· Demonstrated success at leading continuous improvement efforts including the establishment of data priorities to raise student achievement.
· Demonstrated success at curriculum development and implementation.
· Demonstrated success in long-range planning.
· Experience with designing and implementing professional learning.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, parents and patrons.
· Demonstrated excellence in written communication.
· Demonstrated success at designing and maintaining a positive, collaborative culture.
· Successful experience in teacher and administrator training helpful; comprehensive knowledge of the adult-learning process; strong in strategies of in-service training and instructional improvement.
· Ability to organize and develop a system-wide Professional Learning Program for all employees – classified and certificated.
· Effective interpersonal relations and communication skills.
Competitive salary and benefits
Starting Date: July 1, 2013
260 Day Contract
Screening to begin: February 10, 2013
Complete an administrative online application at https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012927 Attach the following: letter of interest stating salary expectations, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers (including current supervisor). Once your administrative online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.
Rockwood Fast Facts
The Rockwood School District, a suburban St. Louis County school district, is a growing, dynamic and highly-respected educational system of 21,951 students spanning 150 square miles in west and southwest St. Louis County. Accelerated learning for all students is the focus of the curriculum in this nationally-recognized district of 30 schools and 3,000+ employees.
- District encompasses 150 square miles
- Over 22,000 students enrolled
- 19 elementary schools
- 6 middle schools
- 4 high schools
- Separate campuses for Gifted, Early Childhood and Alternative High School Education
- Nearly 1,500 Certified Staff
- Over 1,400 Support Staff
- AdvancED Accreditation
Innovative, Progressive Learning Environment
- AAA Rating with S & P Rating Agency
- Ten nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon Schools
- Fourteen Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence
- National School District of Character
- Accreditation: Distinction in Performance with High Achievement from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Perfect score on the Annual Performance Report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Largest school district in St. Louis County
Opportunities for Professional Growth and Advancement
- National award-winning staff development program
- Tuition reimbursement to attend area universities and colleges for evening and summer graduate programs
Visit our Web site: www.rockwood.k12.mo.us
It is the policy of the Board to accord equal considerations and impartial treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, disability, handicapping conditions, or any other factor that is not a proper legal basis for an employment decision.
Posted on January 18, 2013