The Rockwood School District is accepting applications for the position of Coordinator of Web Systems.
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, the Coordinator of Web Systems assists in meeting the goals of the district through the design, development and release of Rockwood's web-based functions. The Coordinator of Web Systems supervises a small technical team to advance Rockwood’s external and internal web presence. The person in this position works in cooperation with Rockwood’s departments and schools to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of Web services. The Coordinator of Web Systems maintains open communication with other technology teams and committees to assure efficient processes are implemented and projects with overlapping responsibilities are coordinated.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Five (5) or more years’ experience with computer system operations and administrations.
· Proven ability in the creative use of computer technology as a means of internal/external communication.
· Associate degree or an equivalent combination of formal education and work experience.
· Extensive knowledge of HTML, web structure, layout, XML, ASP. NET, CSS, CGI, IIS, SQL, SharePoint and Windows servers.
· Proven ability to carry out project planning activities.
· Knowledge of public school departments, their functions, operations and services provided.
· Ability to engage in creative problem-solving techniques using evolving technologies in a school environment for the advancement of the district’s mission.
Competitive salary and benefits
Starting Date: July 1, 2013
260 Day Contract
Screening to begin: February 10, 2013
Complete an administrative online application at https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012927 Attach the following: letter of interest stating salary expectations, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers (including current supervisor). Once your administrative online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.
Rockwood School District
111 East North Street, Eureka, MO 63025
Rockwood Fast Facts
The Rockwood School District, a suburban St. Louis County school district, is a growing, dynamic and highly-respected educational system of 21,951 students spanning 150 square miles in west and southwest St. Louis County. Accelerated learning for all students is the focus of the curriculum in this nationally-recognized district of 30 schools and 3,000+ employees.
- District encompasses 150 square miles
- Over 22,000 students enrolled
- 19 elementary schools
- 6 middle schools
- 4 high schools
- Separate campuses for Gifted, Early Childhood and Alternative High School Education
- Nearly 1,500 Certified Staff
- Over 1,400 Support Staff
- AdvancED Accreditation
Innovative, Progressive Learning Environment
- AAA Rating with S & P Rating Agency
- Ten nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon Schools
- Fourteen Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence
- National School District of Character
- Accreditation: Distinction in Performance with High Achievement from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Perfect score on the Annual Performance Report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Largest school district in St. Louis County
Opportunities for Professional Growth and Advancement
- National award-winning staff development program
- Tuition reimbursement to attend area universities and colleges for evening and summer graduate programs
Visit our Web site: www.rockwood.k12.mo.us
It is the policy of the Board to accord equal considerations and impartial treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, disability, handicapping conditions, or any other factor that is not a proper legal basis for an employment decision.
Posted on January 18, 2013