Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Marketing and Communications AssociatePosted by: Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis
Posted date: 2013-Feb-01
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Job Description: Marketing and Communications Associate
Purpose: To further the mission of Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis (HFHSL) by assisting the organization with external communications and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Maintain and update the HFHSL website, as well as all social media (Facebook, Twitter).
· Monitor and updating the website content regularly (in some cases, as provided by HFHSL staff).
· Create interesting and exciting content for HFHSL blog.
· Providing regular updates on Twitter and Facebook.
B. Create and send external e-newsletters.
· Collecting content from fellow staff/volunteers.
· Using web-based software to formatting appropriately and sending on schedule.
· Assist other staff, including Volunteer Services Manager and Office Manager as needed when using software.
C. Assist in production and updates to all organizational external communications. This would include materials promoting the ReStore or Cars for Homes programs.
D. Support all HFHSL events and 3rd party events. This could mean:
· Creating invitations.
· Creating online forms to collect RSVPs and collecting RSVPs over the phone.
· Assisting in all aspects of promotion.
· Creating event signage and/or programs as needed.
· Assisting with set up and/or delivering materials needed.
· Being physically present at the event.
· Assisting in reconciliation of funds after the event.
· Maintaining spreadsheet of all donors for events to ensure proper thank you notes are sent.
E. Oversee and organize the photos for HFHSL by:
· Managing and coordinating a volunteer photographer schedule.
· Ensuring that all photos are organized efficiently and posted on the HFHSL website using our online photo library in a timely manner, as well as properly stored electronically within our system.
· Taking photos at events and on the Habitat build site when a volunteer photographer is not available.
F. Maintain inventory of all HFHSL presentation materials, including giveaway items, presentation board, tablecloths, signage, etc. Assist other staff in preparing for presentation events when needed.
G. Other Duties as assigned.
Responsible to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Work Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and/or weekends. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, unless otherwise arranged with management.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand, and/or work on a computer, for long periods, and walk up and down stairs multiple times throughout the day. Ability to work in sometimes extreme weather conditions, particularly heat/sun and cold temperatures, and lift at least 25 pounds.
Responsible for (direct or indirect oversight): Marketing and Communications Intern(s) and volunteers
Salary and Benefits: Salary determined based on experience. Vacation time and benefits offered after introductory period on a pro-rated basis.
Application Process: Please send resume and detailed cover letter, including salary requirements, by 5pm on Monday, February 13, 2013, to Anna Keith, Marketing and Communications Manager, at annahabitatstl.org. Email submissions only. NO phone calls, please.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason.
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform additional duties. In addition, you will be expected to exercise your independent judgment in determining other tasks that need to be performed in order to increase the efficiency of the operations. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and in part based upon the initiative you take in identifying and undertaking additional functions relevant to the operations of the business.