Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Promotion AssistantPosted by: News Talk 97.1 - KFTK
Posted date: 2013-Feb-13
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Emmis Communications – St. Louis
Part Time Promotion Assistant
great media.great people.great service.
FM NewsTalk 97.1 – KFTK is part of Emmis Communications, the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks, treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
Emmis Radio in St. Louis, Missouri is searching for an energetic and motivated Part-time Promotion Assistant for FM NewsTalk 97.1 – KFTK. The Promotion Assistant will help the Promotion Director and Coordinator manage promotions, advertising and public relations for KFTK.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Collects, copies, organizes, and disseminates promotional materials.
· Interacts with the general public as directed by the Promotions Director during remotes and other promotional activities.
· Serves as a liaison for the promotions department by running errands and assisting the Promotions Director as needed.
· Corresponds with vendors and/or venue organizations regarding upcoming concerts or station promotional events.
· Other job-related duties as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance required
· Multi-task and work long and varied hours which include weekdays, weeknights and weekends
· Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the public
· Strong organizational and follow through skills with attention to detail
· Computer proficient and able to use standard office equipment (i.e., computer, copier, scanner and fax machine).
· Familiar with the St. Louis metro and surrounding areas
· Able to lift 50 pounds
· Valid driver’s license
Skills and Ability:
· Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, listeners, and other employees of the organization.
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to submit a cover letter, resume and complete an application on line at www.emmis.com by visiting the Career Tab.
PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com.